Shopify Sync issues

Absolutely stay tuned this community is all about sharing and resolving that!

The big question here is whether you found anything or nothing - that is key - what did you find where?

Ensure your Scheduler is running…

The big question here is whether you found anything or nothing - that is key - what did you find where?

Upon searching for the keyword “shopify” in every single file in the logs folder I didn’t get a single result. So my guess is, well it’s kind obvious as already mentioned in the gihub issue I raised, the connector is failing to add webhook bindings as evident from their section missing in the shoppify settings page.

Ensure your Scheduler is running…

I’m not aware what the Scheduler is for, could you explain? And also how it would help in the context of the issue at hand?

I run the command “bench --site (my site) enable-scheduler” successfully. What did that achieve? Searching for “scheduler” using the universal search inside ERPNext didn’t yield any results.

Well, that’s odd but search the forum and you will find many q&a gems, nor do you need me for that!

Already did reading up on the scheduler and I can’t see how it is related to the shopify issue.

Is this what you are referring to?

From my understanding and saurabh6790’s explanation in the thread I linked (and then you linked again), the Shopify connector since version 11 is using webhooks. This means that as soon as an order is made Shopify sends a sync request over webhooks and then ERPNext uses the request to create the order. Which brings me back to the issue that I already mentioned before, the webhooks have not been registered successfully and hence the sync problem.

The sync process does NOT happen through a scheduled task.

I’m relinking the screenshot from the aforementioned thread for clarity

The webhook records do not appear for me, neither in version 11 or 12.

Could you perform a quick test on your setup? I could give you the api details/ passwords of a test shopify store I set up just for this purpose.

Sorry I am out of steam here to sort this out possibly someone else will volunteer :wink:

OTOH if you want to work on this let me know!

Work on this in what sense?

To engage me on a paid basis?

Check with your employers and send me a private message thanks

If someone confirms that the connector is indeed in a non working state and the problem is not just on my end, then yes in that case I would consider that. And with “that” I mean work with someone to fix the connector. Otherwise I think it’s reasonable enough to expect advertised features to work “out of the box”.

EDIT
Fixed wrong wording

My apologies I assumed wrong, that sync uses polling. Instead sync is event driven with http callbacks

Hi @mtaki14, I understand your frustration.

Personally, we weren’t really able at the time to make concrete tests with the shopify connector, nor is there anyone who is going to guarantee that it works, that’s very little it does in itself.

The same with woocomerce, which was anuciado etc… I doubt that there is anyone to assure you that it works properly, and are not features maintained by the core, or seem to have little importance.

We are talking about basic functionalities, not full integration in both directions and 100% integrated.

An alternative (I’m not saying it’s good) is to press the core to really give more importance to the ecomerce and web they bring integrated, mitigating to some extent the lack of a serious integration with an ecomerce.

Serious integration with ecommerce at least in our experience, is an important part of the choice of system, if the main sales channel comes by that means.

I hope I have given you some clarity.

2 Likes

Thank you for your response. I kinda followed your efforts here and on gituhub regarding the ecommerce connectors while I was doing research on the topic to find a solution. Looks like it is how I feared and I will have to take matters into my own hands as the core team either doesn’t seem to care enough about this particular area of the software or it’s very low on their list of priorities, as you mentioned.

2 Likes

Perhaps, but then of course YMMV - your mileage may vary - you may need some expertise here and bugs are to be expected.

As rmehta encourages the community, the 1st rule of open source is to scratch your own itch. To fix the problem yourself or find the resources to do that, and contribute that knowledge back to the community. Anyone who cares to is free and welcome to do this.

That is fair and reasonable would you not agree?

That is fair and reasonable would you not agree?

It is, except I’m not sure how well that aligns with a hypothetical scenario where I have a paid enterprise subscription.

This is a bit ironic, don’t you think?

2 Likes

Ah OK that’s a different story, I was about to suggest that option.

You have emailed support@erpnext.com for say saurabh6790 to resolve your case?

edit: Well in any case, presumably the paid users are content with Shopify support

Sorry, but I have to ask. Let’s say that someone email this case to support@erpnext.com and they resolves the case, does the resolution gets immediately into the core and becomes available to all users of the community?