Shopify Connector dead?

Hi everybody,

I tried the shopify connector now since 1 week and I only got it partially working. Customers and Products are synced, orders not. No error message nothing. I started looking at the code and stumbled across API URLS which actually are no longer existing at shopify:

url = get_shopify_url('admin/api/2020-04/webhooks.json', self)

2020-04 is no longer selectable for apps in shopify. At least this should be a parameter or not? Furthermore I have no Idea where to debug this connector for me this lines sound like: “Hey I have a Webhook, print it in the logs and do nothing”:

def store_request_data(order=None, event=None):
    if frappe.request:
        order = json.loads(frappe.request.data)
        event = frappe.request.headers.get('X-Shopify-Topic')

dump_request_data(order, event)

Is anybody using it currently with shopify?

For me Orders, Invoice and Delivery Note works but Address are not syncing. Plus, there is a problem with variants. I contacted support and they said the API version was out of date and would be fixed soon in a release.

Hope it helps!

I built an integration with Integromat. We pay and fulfill via Shopify, so we submit sales Invoices directly into ERPNext

You can pick the latest API version and it should still work. Anyway, I upgraded the API version in V13.3 of ERPNext. fix: update shopify api version by ankush ¡ Pull Request #25600 ¡ frappe/erpnext ¡ GitHub

I’d suggest checking “Shopify Log” to see if there’s any misconfiguration that’s causing sync to fail. Usually it’s missing tax/shipping account or GST setup (country specific).

The Frappe team it look like working in this app GitHub - frappe/ecommerce_integrations: Ecommerce integrations for ERPNext
with Shopify was refactored.

@federico_calvo yes. Not only refactored but with few additional features:

• Periodic Inventory sync (ERPNext → shopify)
  • Uploading new ERPNext item to Shopify.
  • Syncing cancellation status of order.
  • Other misc. small fixes.

I’ll make announcement post once relevant docs are merged.

3 Likes

amazing work by the way @ankush

1 Like

Yes agree, wonderful job and useful features in this separate app. I also opened some issues in this github project for discussion, please feel free to give feedback to this ideas. Just as we are all sitting in the same boat with shopify this might be useful to hear your opinions :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello Ankush, the app is failing to install on FrappeCloud. Not sure what the issue is.
In the mean time, could you help us what we need to set up Shopify settings to get it to work?
Thanks

Can you share error log for installation failure?

The requirment for setting it up are pretty much same as before. You can refer to current docs for that.

Installing ecommerce_integrations…
Updating DocTypes for ecommerce_integrations: [========================================] 100%
An error occurred while installing ecommerce_integrations:
Module import failed for Membership Settings (erpnext.non_profit.doctype.membership_settings.membership_settings Error: No module named ‘erpnext.non_profit.doctype.membership_settings’)

Now since I tried to install ecommerce-integrations, it screwed up somehow the shopify integration settings. I this needs to be “namespaced” correctly so it doesnt interfere with each other. Now nothing works…

The old Shopify integration settings won’t work. It needs to be disabled for the app to work. You can follow same steps you used to follow setting up old integration.

There are some additional configurations which are not documented in official docs yet, here’s staging version of those docs: Shopify Integration App

Installing ecommerce_integrations…
Updating DocTypes for ecommerce_integrations: [========================================] 100%
An error occurred while installing ecommerce_integrations:
Module import failed for Membership Settings (erpnext.non_profit.doctype.membership_settings.membership_settings Error: No module named ‘erpnext.non_profit.doctype.membership_settings’)

I don’t understand this error. membership_setting is not even mentioned anywhere in Ecommerce integrations app. This seems to be some other error.

Did you enable/disable non-profit module in ERPNext recently?

No, I dont use non-profit. That is why I find it completely strange as well. Have you used any “membership” doctype anywhere?

Just encountered same while installing Frappe Chat app… any idea how to resolve pls ?

Thanks

Everything seems to be working correctly though…