Shift Management - domain knowledge requested

Dear Community,

We are trying to develop Time Management Solution in ERPNext,for that we need complete domain knowledge on Shift Management,if anybody can share the domain expertise,it will be heavily useful to integrate time Management in ERPNext.

Thanks and Regards,
@hereabdulla
abdulla.pi@voltechgroup.com
+91 8939837002

Are you trying to do something different than this one ?

https://erpnext.org/docs/user/manual/en/human-resources/shift-management

@root13F yes exactly but still is missing many things in time management…for Instance. Break Time,Grace Time,First Half Status,Second Half Status,etc.

Regards,
@hereabdulla

You can check my customizations in shift type doctype, which are basically used for validations in the attendance for time based attendance.

sure @adityaduggal thanks for sharing.

Regards,
@hereabdulla

Tagging @fkardame as he understands shift managent in ZK Teco Web server. He would be able to assist you.

There are many things to look into.
Like the following:

1. Timetable
  2. Shift
  3. Schedule

Timetable consist of

1. Check In Start Time
  2. Check In Time
  3. Check In End Time
  4. Check Out Start Time
  5. Check Out Time
  6. Check Out End Time
  7. Late Arrival Grace time
  8. Early Exit Grace Time.

Start and end time here is the window in which, if the employee punch between this window the system will automatically understand if it is Check in or Check Out. Only if the given shift is assigned to that employee.

Shift consist of the the Days of the week and the timetables assigned to these days.
1 Day can have multiple time tables but cannot have any overlapping one.

Schedule Consist of Employee and the shifts.
Shifts will be assigned to the employee from Start date till End date.

If you need more details you can access the demo server online.
Link: http://80.227.52.78:8080
Login: admin
Password: admin

Hope this helps.

This is definitely seems like a core requirement.

@hereabdulla Let’s work together to add/build upon this by @creamdory ? -

@fkardame 1. Is the app in the link connected with ERPNext?
2. How are night shifts (eg. starting 10pm to morning 6am) accounted for?

@LifeP sure we can do

@hereabdulla

Please note that the Shift doctype is removed since we already have Shift Details doctype in the ERPNext now. Also the roster is removed as we have Shift Assignment in ERPNext.

Check my customizations for these two docs in my repo. Let me know if you have any queries since my things are working perfectly without the two custom doctypes

No there is no link between zkteco biotime and erpnext.

If the shift is predefined then it will follow the time table n doesn’t matter if it is over night or not
And in case using flexible method then a cut off time needs to be assigned to each flexible shift.

EDIT :
I have recently written a script in ms sql to take raw data from the device into ms dynamics so i was thinking that we can pull the raw logs directly from the device free software and it’s mssql db

And let the erp hr scheduling do the shift, hours calculation.
what we were fetching from raw log see the following columns

Userid (numerical)
Department name
Checktime (punch date time)
Check type (in or out) this is done by user before registering their punch.
Device sn
Device IP

from the above we just need userifd, check time and check type to enter in erp timesheet or attendance data

Lets work on this. I am very much interested in this, as last year we made an excel macro for the and software and turn the output of timeattendance report into erpnext input directly to timesheet and using this timesheet payroll was done with formula in salary against working hours

can you help me with shift management