Setup Wizard problem

Hi guy,

I am not sure if anyone has this problem before?

With the setup wizard, my domain (company type ) is services. But I could not pass the final setup stage as the message reported is

• Adding System Manager to this User as there must be at least one System Manager
    Setting this Address Template as default as there is no other default
    Account All Warehouses - WS: You can not assign itself as parent account

I can understand the first and second messages but for the Warehouses error, how do I fix it, I cannot even pass through the setup stage?

Thanks in advance.

Is it a fresh setup ? Or you have reinstalled existing site?

It seems while creating accounting entry for warehouse it throwing error while setting parent account.

It’s a fresh setup on Ubuntu 16.04

Maybe I provide you more details and you may be able to pin point my main source of errors

I did a fresh development server on ubuntu 16.04.

I did the easy install for the frappe bench installation

bench get-app erpnext GitHub - frappe/erpnext: Free and Open Source Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
bench new-site site1.local
bench --site site1.local install-app erpnext

bench start

login in admin n password to the setup wizard

My domain is services
I did not fully filled up the user, customer, supplier or Services/Product tables,
UOM - unit (does it matter or must it be hours )

Couldn’t replicate. Can you try again with bench --site site1.local reinstall

I just did as told - bench --site site1.local reinstall

The database was reinitialised. The ERPnext was reinstalled but still hit the same message as above -

Adding System Manager to this User as there must be at least one System Manager
Setting this Address Template as default as there is no other default
Account All Warehouses - WS: You can not assign itself as parent account

I did however passed through the final setup phase once (could’nt remember what difference I actually made ) and went to do a “bench update” before the system crashed.

I did a few time (fresh installation of Frappe-bench and ERPnext installation each time) already and still hit with same message as above.

Is there is setup script problem ? It puzzle me. I am new to ERPnext and very excited by it. I really hope to built apps centred on Frappe framework

I have the same problem. If I use Singapore Chart of Account I will have the same error. If I choose Standard COA, there is no problem. I think the problem is in the COA templates. Or the recent code updates break it? I have had no issue installing new instances before but I had this problem when I tried to install a new instance just now.

Found the problematic lines in Singapore COA templates (~/frappe-bench/apps/erpnext/erpnext/accounts/doctype/account/chart_of_accounts/verified/sg_default_coa.json):

"Stock Assets": {
                "All Warehouses": {
                    "account_type": "Stock",
                    "is_group": 1
                },
                "account_type": "Stock"
            },

It will not give problem if I change it to:

"Stock Assets": {
                    "account_type": "Stock",
                    "is_group": 1
            },

Kudos to you. Thanks

Kudos to you for digging deep to find the cause. I am new to ERPNext,
exploring it and in fact look at alternatives other than python-based
solution

Thanks, I was about to give up since I couldn’t solve it n the community
have no response.
How do you we I am using SG COA ? in the user profile?

Why I know you are using SG COA? It is because I am in Singapore and it just happens that I was trying install a new instance and I hit the same problem. I looked at all other templates and found only SG template has the warehouse section that might give the problem. I have had a few years experience using and customizing ERPNEXT so it is not too difficult for me to find where the problem is :slight_smile:

May be next time if you give more detailed description of your problem, it will be easier for the developer to replicate the problem :slight_smile:

Enjoy!