Setup dropbox backup [User Manual]

I have successfully backed up my system using the method you provide. Thanks man

1 Like

Thanks Sambhaji,

But this method still generates error log due to missing URI. I have generated the ssl certificated yet not able to figure out the correct Redirect uri path. Could you help me with that.

@Raghuzor
Did you try steps mentioned in video
Also please post error.

@kolate_sambhaji
The video procedure worked. The backup is getting generated. yet, if i click “Allow dropbox access” the following error is logged.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/integrations/doctype/dropbox_settings/dropbox_settings.py”, line 209, in get_redirect_url
response = make_post_request(url, data={“site”: get_url()})
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/integrations/utils.py”, line 49, in make_post_request
raise exc
MissingSchema: Invalid URL ‘None/api/method/dropbox_erpnext_broker.www.setup_dropbox.get_authotize_url’: No schema supplied. Perhaps you meant http://None/api/method/dropbox_erpnext_broker.www.setup_dropbox.get_authotize_url?

@kolate_sambhaji

Sorry, I had skipped adding of access and secret key. Now it generates no error. But the Dropbox pop up window reads the following error.

Error (400)
It seems the app you were using submitted a bad request. If you would like to report this error to the app’s developer, include the information below.

More details for developers

Invalid redirect_uri: “https://erp.kordindia.com/api/method/frappe.integrations.doctype.dropbox_settings.dropbox_settings.dropbox_auth_finish”: It must exactly match one of the redirect URIs you’ve pre-configured for your app (including the path).

Allow dropbox access will add access token, so if you go through video, then you don’t need to click on Allow Dropbox Access.

Just follow steps on video, and click on Take Backup Now. It will take backup.
If its not working, then we can do Skype.

@kolate_sambhaji

The backup is working. Thank you for the clarification.

1 Like

It works, thank you!

1 Like

I am a newbie to ERPNext. But whiIe i love the ease of getting most things setup on the front-end am having serious issues setting up dropbox for my ERPNext setup and not so much on the backend. I get the ./site does not exist error when i try to view directory. my ERPNext app is running fine but i cannot change the url to the public domain i have as i cannot seem to find any instruction that works for me. My instance is hosted on amazon aws and i can already access it remotely using the public ip. Can someone point me to guides on how to do the following:

1. Change my url to www.mydomain.com so it can be accessed like the demo video above
  2. setup dropbox (step-by-step guide)

I would really appreciate this.

1 Like

Hi @flexy2ky,
You can add a domain easily with bench setup add-domain mydomain.com
Then you can setup the instance for production with:

sudo bench setup production user

user must be an not root user.

For more detailed information you can refer to this

Thanks for your response.

I have tried using this command to setup/add my domain but i keep getting no such file or directory error. See the full process below and the error at the bottom. Is there something i’m doing wrong?

ubuntu@ip-172-31-26-211:~/frappe-bench/sites$ bench setup add-domain saandb.com Site: office.saandb.com
File “/usr/local/bin/bench”, line 11, in
load_entry_point(‘bench’, ‘console_scripts’, ‘bench’)()
File “/home/ubuntu/bench-repo/bench/cli.py”, line 40, in cli
bench_command()
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/click/core.py”, line 722, in call
return self.main(*args, **kwargs)
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/click/core.py”, line 697, in main
rv = self.invoke(ctx)
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/click/core.py”, line 1066, in invoke
return _process_result(sub_ctx.command.invoke(sub_ctx))
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/click/core.py”, line 1066, in invoke
return _process_result(sub_ctx.command.invoke(sub_ctx))
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/click/core.py”, line 895, in invoke
return ctx.invoke(self.callback, **ctx.params)
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/click/core.py”, line 535, in invoke
return callback(*args, **kwargs)
File “/home/ubuntu/bench-repo/bench/commands/setup.py”, line 147, in add_domain
add_domain(site, domain, ssl_certificate, ssl_certificate_key, bench_path=‘.’)
File “/home/ubuntu/bench-repo/bench/config/site_config.py”, line 57, in add_domain
update_site_config(site, { “domains”: domains }, bench_path=bench_path)
File “/home/ubuntu/bench-repo/bench/config/site_config.py”, line 21, in update_site_config
put_site_config(site, config, bench_path=bench_path)
File “/home/ubuntu/bench-repo/bench/config/site_config.py”, line 15, in put_site_config
with open(config_path, ‘w’) as f:
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u’./sites/office.saandb.com/site_config.json’

i’ve successfully backed up my installation following the video above. I still can’t change my default website url though. It still shows my external ip address. Would appreciate if someone can help me achieve this.

Cool, Its working fine with out SSL. Thanks sam

2 Likes

what ever i press on the save button

it didnt give me a backup now button.

even my erpnext v8 dint has that row

Dropbox Access Token
but i added it using the customization to follow your video
and i didnt check using site jeson
and i didnt press allow access

but same result

if i press allow access i got this error

File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/app.py”, line 55, in application
response = frappe.handler.handle()
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py”, line 21, in handle
data = execute_cmd(cmd)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py”, line 52, in execute_cmd
return frappe.call(method, **frappe.form_dict)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/init.py”, line 907, in call
return fn(*args, **newargs)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/integrations/doctype/dropbox_settings/dropbox_settings.py”, line 54, in get_dropbox_authorize_url
request_token = sess.obtain_request_token()
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/dropbox/session.py”, line 216, in obtain_request_token
response = self.rest_client.POST(url, headers=headers, params=params, raw_response=True)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/dropbox/rest.py”, line 322, in POST
return cls.IMPL.POST(*n, **kw)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/dropbox/rest.py”, line 260, in POST
is_json_request=is_json_request)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/dropbox/rest.py”, line 235, in request
raise ErrorResponse(r, r.read())
ErrorResponse: [400] u’v1_retired’

=================

I’m facing another interesting issue. After saving the dropbox settings, if I click “Take backup now” it backs up the database; but schedule backup is not working at all; and it used to work just fine. I don’t remember what did I change; maybe I upgraded the bench version or restored old database to the new(current) server.

@kolate_sambhaji your write up on this tread has been a great help to me in dropbox back.But i noticed in Installed Apps ERPNext: v11.1.35 (master),Frappe Framework: v11.1.32 (master) the Customized Form for Dropbox Setting is not available.So there is no means of customizing Dropbox Setup via Site Config in the dropbox setting.
Any way out to still use your approach of backup?Kindly help

Is there any one with info on how to setup Dropbox now? The access token field is not available and the Dropbox Settings Doctype can no longer be customized to enable the field.

1 Like

@kolate_sambhaji

Thanks

ref,