Setting Permission to User (access to certain brands only for documents and reports)

Hi…
I have been trying to set permission to user to access only documents and reports for a certain brand (for Example brand 1 and brand 2 only). I have applied this permission to certain roles, it works in report for items, but not for other reports including sales invoices, delivery notes, stock balance report, etc…

How can this be done, please advise. thanks…

Hello,

To have permission applied on reports, you should apply permission on a document type based on which those reports are generated. For example, if Employee get’s restricted access on the Sales Invoice document, based on Territory field, then in the report which is generated based on Sales Invoice, user will only see invoices matching with Territory he/she is permitted.

In the scenario elaborated, permission restriction cannot be applied on transaction based on Branch field. Though Item’s brand is fetched in the transactions, but it is in the transaction’s Item table. For now, permission restriction can be applied only on the fields located in the parent form (eg. Sales Invoice form itself), and not in the child table (eg. Sales Invoice Item table).

Hope this answers your query.

hi @haitham , you are exactly right… I was trying to set permission for sales invoice Item table(and other tables associated with Brands) but it was not available. That is the reason why we cannot set permission to user based on the brands.