Serial number stock reconciliation issue

ERPNext v12.16.1
The scenario here is, We have 40 Nos in stock balance report.
But 30 active serials numbers
We need to adjust this to 12 serials available.
What I have done is just go to stock reconciliation and put 12 serials there and try to submit.

Then I got the error.

Hi, Please check Serial and Batch No in Edit Mode of Line Item,

There are 2 more Serial No could be available greater than Quantity.

The thing is I can see 30 active serials on the serial, but I can see 40 QTY in stock balance and i need to adjust to 12 nos.

So I put 12 serials in this stock reconciliation.

then here I got this error.

I am using 12.16.1 and I have noticed that this serial and qty different issue has resolved in this release. but seems to be no.

Let me know what you think.

Hope this will help !

Suresh,

Are you aware of any way for a raw material stock item serial number to be transferred to the finished good stock item after a production run?

@MartinHBramwell, can you explain in details with example?

Yes, of course. Thanks!

The scenario here is, We have 40 Nos in stock balance report.
But 30 active serials numbers
We need to adjust this to 12 serials available.
What I have done is just go to stock reconciliation and put 12 serials there and try to submit.

Then I got the error.

I don’t understand your problem completely. Here’s what I understand:

1. You are trying to do reconciliation of a serialized item.
  2. You have 40 Nos of this item in the stock balance report
  3. 30 active serials - this is what I don’t understand. What do you mean by "Active’ Serials? Plus how come you are saying stock balance is showing 40, however you have only 30 serial numbers? There is something wrong.
  4. Now you want to adjust the stock of these serialized items to 12?
  5. Make a Stock Reconciliation (I was wrong earlier, with Ver 12 you can use Stock Reconciliation document to correct the stock of Serialized items and batched items) say 12 Nos is the Stock of this serialized items and provide the 12 serial numbers that are in stock.

It should go through.

Thanks

Jay

Hello @JayRam
As we have serial number items which sometimes get damaged and we have made a damage warehouse to transfer such qty to make sure we can segregate the good and damage stocks.

Now once we are sure that damage items will not sale out and will not generate any revenue, i want to remove that qty from my damage warehouse and hit to the P&L. This process I try to do it by stock reconciliation which is not allowing me due the serial number issue. So I tried it another way by using material issue transaction to remove the qty but here also I have to apply the serial number in items.

So can you let me know if there is any stock balance report where i can get the qty with serial number so i can enter easily those serial number which i have transfer in damage warehouse.

thanks

Hi @Sanath_Udayawansa2 have you solved your issue? I have also experienced the same issue. When creating a stock reconciliation pop-up message appears when trying to submit it. Upon checking the current qty and the current serial no count is not the same. The current active serial number is 506 while 491 stocks are on the stock ledger.

still now. I just disabled the item and created a new item for this.

Now working fine so far…