Send invoice to supplier

This case has been bugging me for a time now:

We have some companies from which we buy (they are a supplier), but to whom we also sell items and services (so they are also a customer). I tried to create a second profile for the supplier as customer, but ERPNext doesn't allow that.

O.k., I can make some kind of typo in the name to make it work, but that's not an elegant nor juridically valid solution.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Hello Neil,

For each Customer and Supplier we add, system creates accounting ledger for them in the Chart of Account master.

Considering your case, accounting ledger already exist for Customer. When you try adding Supplier with exactly same name, system try creating accounting ledger with same name, hence the validation error.

To address this problem, you should save Customer and Supplier in naming series.

On Thu, Nov 28, 2013 at 8:28 PM, <ne...@vanesstudio.eu> wrote:
This case has been bugging me for a time now:

We have some companies from which we buy (they are a supplier), but to whom we also sell items and services (so they are also a customer). I tried to create a second profile for the supplier as customer, but ERPNext doesn't allow that.

O.k., I can make some kind of typo in the name to make it work, but that's not an elegant nor juridically valid solution.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Thanks and Regards,

Umair Sayyed
www.erpnext.com