School Module: Student Admission

Hi,

1. I need some inputs on how to input Minimum and Maximum Age for the Admission doctype? The field asks to fill-in only the calendar values in YYYY-MM-DD, not in number of age in YY.

2. In the same Admission doctype, there is two fields called ‘Route’ and ‘Application Form Route’ what do they be formulated to create new admission doctype? Thanks.

Hello

Replies below.

I need some inputs on how to input Minimum and Maximum Age for the Admission doctype? The field asks to fill-in only the calendar values in YYYY-MM-DD, not in number of age in YY.

This feature is not available for now. Can you please Github Issue for the same.

In the same Admission doctype, there is two fields called ‘Route’ and ‘Application Form Route’ what do they be formulated to create new admission doctype?

That’s for defining the web-form view for the page generated based on Admission Application. Create a Web Form for Student Application.

Hi @zenny
Yes, your point seems valid to me regarding the age. We have two options, first one is we can ask the minimum age, maximum age and the date from which it should be calculated. The second option is we can ask the minimum and maximum permissible DOB. We have implemented the second options if you feel like the better UI is the first one, please leave a comment on the GitHub issue.
The route is the anything appending your main URL. Let’s say your desk’s URL is Today's News then here the route is ‘/desk’. Similarly, the Web Form also has the route and the Student Admission also has the route which you have to set. As the route is site wide so make sure that it hasn’t repeated anywhere else.

Hi @ManasSolanki,

1. What if there is no age bar for any course?

2. If one needs such age limitation, minimum and maximum permissible DOB appears to be quite unpractical. The range should be calculated in year from the DOB submitted by the student.

3. I am yet to get hold of route and admission form route part. Do you mean that it is where the students be directed to?
    I had a notion that ‘route’ could be ‘paid/scholarship/partial freeship/full freeship/disadvataged/veteran’ among others!

If there is no age bar, keep the min and max age blank. It won’t be validated

I got your point that the age should be calculated from the DOB but from DOB to which date?

A route is anything preceding your website URL. It determines where a particular user should be directed. For example if you type the erp.xyz.com/desk then you will be redirected to the desk if similarly if you type erp.xyz.com/student-applicant you will be redirected to Student Applicant Web Form.
Now in the student admission, there will be two things,

1. The route of that particular Student Admission, it will look something like this (on your website) for a particular student admission
    https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/20757311/31076020-f9e020a2-a795-11e7-9772-bc711bf8c972.png
  2. Thr route of the web form for which that student admission form is being created. It will be like this on your website