Sales Invoice Customer is required against Receivable Account

Hey guys,

I’m getting into a little stump here and I could really use some help. I’m trying to enter a POS entry, but I keep getting the error:

Here’s the customer:

Here’s the payment method (all of them are pointing to the same account, including Cash, I’m not sure if I should leave Cash pointing to just cash):

This is the chart of accounts, the account sits under Accounts Receivable:

And here’s the account itself setup as:

I could really use some assistance. Thank you.

Any kind soul that can help me with this please?

@shark The issue is

The mode of payment, should be linked with an “Cash” or “Bank” Account, instead of a receivable account!

Your customer is what should be linked with the “36025489 - Retail Shop Sales - JWE”

To solve this:

Remove this account from the mode of payments
And set it into the company, as the default account receivable.

Hey @max_morais_dmm,

Thanks a lot for the response. I had that initially and I thought that was causing the problem. I changed the Mode of Payments to the following:

• Cash = Cash
  • Online Transfer = Bank
  • Credit Card = Bank

This is the process I went through:

1. Run the POS
  2. Create a new user, fill in the name, address, phone number, email address
  3. Add item to cart
  4. Checkout
  5. POS Invoice gets generated fine until here. (POS invoice ACC-PSINV-2021-00001 created succesfully). The status is still “unpaid” though at this stage. I can print the POS Invoice and give it to customer. Up to this point, it has always worked wonders.
  6. When I close the POS, it still throws me the same error. (Sales Invoice ACC-SINV-2021-00001: Customer is required against Receivable account Jerung Wheels Sales - JWE)

So I went into the new customer, added a row into the accounting that points to the “36025489 - Retail Shop Sales - JWE”

I tried going again to to the POS Closing, still the same error.

Thank you @Suresh_Thakor for the assistance! The main problem was, the POS should be using Income account rather than Receivable account. The receivable account only needs to be defined in the Company’s default receivable account.