Role Based Workspace

This is important feature Please send PR it is helphul

1 Like

I tried your good app with latest version 13.11, I applied single role for a workspace but it is still visible to others, so whether we need apply hide for roles if we do not want . Apply for and Hide for , whether both needs to be applied for a workspace.

@Patrick.St pls throw some light

Hi @CA_B.C_Chechani,
not sure if I get the question the right way.

I applied single role for a workspace but it is still visible to others

So you have added a role to the “Hide To Roles” multi-select? Did you run a bench restart afterwards?

Thanks for responding, will look into . Please publish your app at marketplace to get more users use and give feedback to increase trust level and usability.

I don’t think that this will be possible - the intention of marketplace is (as far as I understand) for frappecloud users. I am not sure, if they can install apps, that will modify the core apps (what is necessary to get this workspaceperms-app functional).

Noted the point , Even Frappe also introduced workspace 2 that have role assignment feature. thanks

The feature would be incredibly useful. Thank you.

Hi please help,

I am encountered with a problem after executing the following commands

cd frappe-bench
bench get-app https://github.com/pstuhlmueller/workspaceperms.git
bench --site MY_SITE install-app workspaceperms
# This will do the modification within frappe/frappe/boot.py
bench execute workspaceperms.seeds.execute
# You need to run `bench restart` once, as otherwise the modification to boot.py won't take effect
bench restart

my supervisor service is not starting on

sudo systemctl status supervisor

I am getting the following output

supervisor.service - Supervisor process control system for UNIX
     Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/supervisor.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
     Active: activating (auto-restart) (Result: exit-code) since Mon 2022-04-11 17:01:22 PKT; 5s ago
       Docs: http://supervisord.org
    Process: 8112 ExecStart=/usr/bin/supervisord -n -c /etc/supervisor/supervisord.conf (code=exited, status=2)
   Main PID: 8112 (code=exited, status=2)

Ű§ÙŸŰ±ÛŒÙ„ 11 17:01:22 erpnext-vm systemd[1]: supervisor.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=2/INVALIDARGUMENT
Ű§ÙŸŰ±ÛŒÙ„ 11 17:01:22 erpnext-vm systemd[1]: supervisor.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.

and on

bench restart

I am getting

unix:///var/run/supervisor.sock no such file

and

sudo service supervisor stop
sudo service supervisor start

not helping.

please help thank you.

Hi @abubakar,
what version of ERPNext and Frappe do you use?

I assume, you have replaced “MY_SITE” with the correct site name?

Just as a fallback to make sure it is really related to this app, you can temporary undo all steps by

1. remove the workspaceperms-App
  2. git stash the change in frappe-app
  3. bench restart

I have restored the backup for now. Will try again and update.

please tell me the reverting steps you have mentioned, also deletes tables and records from db related to “workspaceperms” ?

When you are deleting an app, all related DocTypes (Tables) get deleted, too, yes.

1 Like

Hi there,

I have installed the workspaceperms app using following commands, as instructed:

cd frappe-bench
bench get-app https://github.com/pstuhlmueller/workspaceperms.git
bench --site MY_SITE install-app workspaceperms
bench execute workspaceperms.seeds.execute
bench restart

AND NOW I am getting this error on the screen and erpnext app wont start

“cannot import name ‘get_desk_sidebar_items’ from ‘frappe.desk.desktop’ (/opt/bench/erpnext/apps/frappe/frappe/desk/desktop.py)”

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Hi @ammar_arif ,
can you provide more information? What version of frappe&erpnext do you have?
I assume, you have replaced “MY_SITE” with the correct site name?

Its v13 and YES, I followed the instructions and replaced the site name with my own site. The installation was okay but when I opened the URL to my site it showed me this error, I also tried to debug the desktop.py file but there is no ‘get_desk_sidebar_items’ in the file and I dont know from where it is coming.

versions –
erpnext 13.x.x-develop (also tried with prod mode, same error)
frappe 14.x.x-develop
healthcare 0.0.1
workspaceperms 0.0.1

EDIT: This error comes when I try to access the desk of the app where the workspaces are

Hi @ammar_arif ,
your screenshot is showing that its erpnext v13 and frappe v14. As mentioned on the github Repo, this app is only compatible to v13.

By the way: in general it is a very bad idea to mix major versions of Frappe Framework with ERPNext.

Hi @Patrick.St. Can you please share any guide to downgrade the frappe v14 to v13?
It would be very helpful. Thanks!

Hi @ammar_arif , that is not possible at all, see for example

1 Like

However, you might not need to downgrade at all. In case your ERPNext is on the most recent develop branch you’re probably fine. The bench version is not accurate on the develop branch.

@Patrick.St I have successfully installed the app but I am facing a problem.

if I want to hide another workspace for a role for the 2nd time I am facing the following error.

“Role Link <role_name> already exists”

so I am unable to hide multiple workspaces for a role!

@Patrick.St I have figured out that the Name column in tabRoleLink is PrimaryKey, I just removed the PrimaryKey constraint from the column tabRoleLink and now it is working as expected. Kindly enlighten me if there is a better way.