Roadmap Ideas - July 2018

Hi all,

Here is the summary of all ideas that have been submitted both on the Survey and on the Post.

Please let me know if you are willing to pick up one area and consolidate all the ideas into as many logical groups as possible. Can you please let me know your willingness to pick an area before End of Day (Your time zone) Monday?

Then we present those groups for people to vote.

Please make your comments here.

@szufisher and for others like him: If you cannot access this file, I can email it to you.

Others that want to influence the roadmap, you still have time to submit your ideas.

Here’s the link:

Thanks

Jay

4 Likes

If you mean 'Module", I’ll take up Accounts.
And for consolidation into logical groups, do you mean feature wise? or how?

_Liyakat

@JayRam great job consolidating all of this. Thank you. I am willing to work (and lead if you want) on E-commece and Website.

@FinForce: You got accounts

@MichaelPinkowski: You got eCommerce and Website

I will pick up Selling. And once we finish those and if there are no other volunteers, we will move to the next area.

How about we do the following:

1. We branch these ideas into logical groupings for our respective areas
  2. We scan GitHub issues and plug the big and doable one’s into these logical groupings
  3. We look at customizations (for eCommerce and Website, you have to look at the DigiThink IT’s customizations) and see if you can leverage on those ideas and/or code (The link to that is at the bottom of this post).
  4. We then come up with major themes for each of the areas and we present it here for people to comment upon
  5. When we are ready, we put up the whole themes for voting

I am just setting the rules only because nobody else is coming forward (exactly @rmehta’s predicament all these days). So I would be delighted if somebody with more passion, ideas and energy (or even less) would jump in, snatch this away from me and show how it is (or should be) done.

Thanks

Jay

4 Likes

I would like to pick up Project Management but then I cannot see any Ideas there. Would request @dominik you like to add in some details.

We would like to take on Integration part.

I gave some thought to the Roadmap for Ecommerce. As I understand it, at this stage we are just trying to gather up a list of POTENTIAL projects. I have started the list that you see below and I would welcome additions and edits. I have NOT scoured through Git yet so I apologize for the good ideas that aren’t listed here yet.

Website

• Security

• code injection
  • SEO Tools

• Advanced GUI Web design tools

• multi-lingual

• Multi-websites per company

• 301 re-direct tool

• GDPR Notice and management

• Facebook pixel

• Multi-currency

Integrations

• Sales Tax
    • Avalara
    • TaxJar
  • Payment Gateway
    • Affirm (in cart loan)
    • Worldpay / ModernTransact
  • Storefronts
    • Magento
    • Google Shopping
    • eBay
    • Etsy
    • FoxyCart
    • Flipkart
  • Shipping
    • Fedex
    • UPS
    • USPS

e-commerce

• Keywords
    *Cart-Checkout
    • Guest checkout
    • Awesome Cart
    • COD
  • Customer Returns
  • Loyalty / Coupon code
    • Referrals
  • Reviews
  • Product Information Manager
    • items
      • digital downloads
      • support issues / warranty
    • pricing
      • dynamic pricing
      • promo pricing
      • batch re-pricing

Please reply with ideas, additions and changes. I will re-compile and we can go to the next step where we organize and prioritize.

4 Likes