Restrict Item Creation for few departments

Hi Everyone,
Is there any way, I can restrict the Item Creation for, few departments (Like Purchase, Accounts etc.,)

Regards
Ruchin Sharma

Keep Item creation in a separate role.

@rmehta
That, I have already done but my requirement is bit different.
Every user from R&D Dept. can create item, whereas other departments can create Item for a specific Item Group.

Regards
Ruchin Sharma

You did not mention that in your original question.

You can set user permissions for that Item Group group, or write a client script validation.

@rmheta
Thanks for your advise.

Regards
Ruchin Sharma

@rmehta

I apologize for not clarifying my requirement in my previous post.
Actually my requirement is only userwith Role X and Y can create item but if any of the user doesn’t belongs to dept. “A” then they can only create item for a specific item group.
For example:
User U1 is having role X and dept. A
User U2 is having role X and dept. A
User U3 is having role X and dept. B

In this case User U1, and U2 can create item in any group whereas User U3 can only create item in a specific group.

The only way, I know is to restrict via custom script but my worry is how would I check the dept. on Item Doctype, even if I use dept. as a custom field but there is no link field for the dept. on this form.

I appreciate if anyone can help me in this regard.

Regards
Ruchin Sharma

@ruchin78 ever get this working?

@cpurbaugh
No, I didn’t find any way to do this.

Regards
Ruchin Sharma

You could write a custom script validation that looks up a user’s department from the employee page. not sure how to tell the system the employee though. I imagine filters would have to be used.

@cpurbaugh
Hi,
I thought of the same, but I didn’t find any way to map the department of the user with the Item Master.

Regards
Ruchin Sharma