Report Builder and standard reports in new app

I don’t seem to be able to see Standard Reports or Report Builder, in my new application (they are visible in ERPNext. This is with all the roles turned on.

Is there any documentation for the Report Builder?

In version 4 the report builder can be accessed by the below screen shot:

In version 5 the report builder is as per below screen shot:

1 Like

Thanks for replying so quickly.

This feature in v4 looks like what we need but it doesn’t look like you can create and save these reports with different columns or filtering criteria. If you have that ability that is what we need. If you don’t have UI for this then even to be able to work from Python although this looks so close.

I am trying to upgrade to v5 because it looks like it might have better reporting features but am running into some issues so I have created a separate issue for that.

Thanks,
Conor

When you click on the Report then a new window opens for report builder and then there you can save the report after you have applied the filters and also the columns.

Thank you for your response.

It took me a while to figure out what were the following steps which might be useful for others:

1. In the Report Builder window click on the “Save” or disk icon to save and name the report.
  2. In Core, click on “Setup” and then “Report”.
  3. You will see your saved report in the list.
  4. If you change the “Is Standard” popup menu to “Yes”, then when you go back to the desktop module, the user will see “Standard Reports” and “Custom Reports” show up (which don’t show as options in the Module beforehand).

Thank you for your response.

It took me a while to figure out what were the following steps to build and see a generated report in the modules:

1. In the Report Builder window click on the “Save” or disk icon to save and name the report.
  2. In Core, click on “Setup” and then “Report”.
  3. You will see your saved report in the list.
  4. If you change the “Is Standard” popup menu to “Yes”, then when you go back to the desktop module, the user will see “Standard Reports” and “Custom Reports” show up (which don’t show as options in the Module beforehand).

@adityaduggal Report builder giving error for User doctype.

What can be the issue?

I have pushed a fix in the develop branch. You might have to select columns again in the existing reports.

@nabinhait - Okay. I removed the column using Pick Columns and it kind of worked. Can I know where these default columns for report are picked ?