Repack

Let me put a very old request back on the agenda: repacking.

We do repack bulk stuff in smaller backs and give this a new code. I now use the production module to repack. An overly complex and time consuming process to do this simple task.
I believe that a repack functionality ( repack 5 kg of item aaa1 into 25 items bbb1) would be a useful thing. The production order is just to complex and time consuming.
Ideally just a table that one can fill with different items to be converted, rgds robert

Dear Robert,

You can manage repacking by making Stock Entry transaction also.

1. Select Stock Entry purpose as 'Other'.
  2. Select BOM.
  3. Put FG item's qty.
  4. In the items table, both FG and raw-material qty will be pulled. Mention only Source Warehouse for raw-material items. And Target Warehouse is provided for FG item (always last row).

Inline image 1

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Umair Sayyed
um…@erpnext.com
www.erpnext.com

On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 3:34 AM, robert <be…@gmail.com> wrote:

We do repack bulk stuff in smaller backs and give this a new code. I now use the production module to repack. An overly complex and time consuming process to do this simple task.

I believe that a repack functionality ( repack 5 kg of item aaa1 into 25 items bbb1) would be a useful thing. The production order is just to complex and time consuming.
Ideally just a table that one can fill with different items to be converted, rgds robert

Please check this discussion for help in getting stock level of bom item also.

---------- Forwarded message ----------

Date: Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 10:32 AM
Subject: Re: [erpnext-user-forum] repack
To: er…@googlegroups.com

Dear Robert,

You can manage repacking by making Stock Entry transaction also.

1. Select Stock Entry purpose as 'Other'.
  2. Select BOM.
  3. Put FG item's qty.
  4. In the items table, both FG and raw-material qty will be pulled. Mention only Source Warehouse for raw-material items. And Target Warehouse is provided for FG item (always last row).

Inline image 1

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Umair Sayyed
um…@erpnext.com
www.erpnext.com

On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 3:34 AM, robert <be...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
Thanks and Regards,
Umair Sayyed
um...@erpnext.com
www.erpnext.com

Perfect: One of  the (many) hidden features of ERPNext. Should be included in manual (Rushabh! :slight_smile: )  Saves a lot of time. Hope that a tabular format to enter easily a number of “repackings” will be upcoming, or alternatively upload an *.csv

Thanks rgds robert

On Tuesday, November 6, 2012 11:04:24 PM UTC+1, robert wrote:

Robert,

You are right - manual needs a big upgrade - its on the list after the current upgrade is completed.

Re upload: A stock entry via upload will be useful - its also been suggested earlier - will surely look into it when we are working on it next.

Just for information of everyone, we have integrated multi-lingual in this upcoming release, so all those waiting for language will be able to get started soon. Still no end-date on the release, we have to do a lot of testing too.

Also working in inbox integration - all incoming mails (if setup) will now be tagged to Contact, Lead - so you can get the entire communication record to a contact from all users maintain status of all un-answered mails to Leads and Contacts.

best,
Rushabh

best,
Rushabh

On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 3:18 AM, robert <be...@gmail.com> wrote:
Perfect: One of the (many) hidden features of ERPNext. Should be included in manual (Rushabh! :) ) Saves a lot of time. Hope that a tabular format to enter easily a number of "repackings" will be upcoming, or alternatively upload an *.csv
Thanks rgds robert

On Tuesday, November 6, 2012 11:04:24 PM UTC+1, robert wrote:

--

Twitter: @rushabh_mehta