Remembering John Clarke

@clarkej Rest in peace and god pleased you

2 Likes

Rest in Peace @clarkej

1 Like

Rest in peace, his answers in the forum help me a lot and answers are to the point and easy to understand.

1 Like

I am so sad to hear the passing of John Clarke. He was doing the kindest responders to questions here. May his soul rest in peace.

1 Like

My heartfelt condolences to his family.

True, John was a patient person. I remember his patient, kind entries during my early days in the ERPNext community when I submitted a query needing help or guidance.

1 Like

RIP @clarkej I wish a lot of strength for his family in this time of need.

1 Like

He was truly inspirational. Always helpful, always calm and ready with excellent pointers for resolving any issue. Indeed itā€™s a very sad news. For making guys like us feel a personal loss even though we never met or spoken to each other, just to and fro posts, is a mark of exceptional character.

May Almighty bless his soul and give his family patience and strength.

3 Likes

This is very sad news indeed.

John Clarkeā€™s dedication and consistency to helping people with ERPNext was amazing. I sadly did not know him well personally. We only communicated directly a few times. But the ERPNext Community was gifted with his daily forum activity. To every member of the community, I saw him demonstrate kindness and thoughtfulness.

His curiosity appeared to be boundless. He was interested in everything about ERPNext. If John could not answer someoneā€™s question, heā€™d spend time trying to find the answer. Or point people toward solutions. I can only imagine how many hundreds of hours he spent doing this.

This community will greatly miss his selfless efforts and generosity.

7 Likes

Sad. May him rest in peace.

1 Like

Selfless volunteer/ contributor, never yearned for any mention/award/recognition etc.

Complete down to earth, a privilege to meet him at 2018 conference

He truly loved helping others. :pray:

3 Likes

My condoleances to his family and really a loss to the ErpNext community

2 Likes

In the obituary @rmehta linked to, Johnā€™s family asked for donations to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society or a blood donation to Canadian Blood Services. I just made a donation in memory of John at the LLS web site. I briefly considered making a blood donation to my local blood bank (Iā€™m not in Canada) as John was a blood donor and his obituary makes it clear that donating blood was very important to him.
You can make your own donation to LLS at https://donate.lls.org/lls/donate
I donā€™t consider making a donation to exclude me from @MichaelPinkowski 's excellent suggestion to add a test to ERPNext in memory of John.

1 Like

Having heard of his unfortunate and early passing, I would like to extend my condolence to all the family member and community.
May he be remembered with his legacy.

Earlier today I was able to attend (via Zoom) a memorial and celebration of Johnā€™s life.

As noted above, he was an amazing person and incredibly generous and patient.

And today I was able to learn even more about him. He was born in England and traveled by boat to Canada as a child because his dad got a job in the Toronto area. After that, the traveling never stopped. He hiked, climbed, and skied everywhere. As a young man he got a Rail Pass and worked his way through Europe, as a Surveyor he went to many remote places around the world including Mexico and Libya.

But the most amazing story was that he and his wife road their bicycles from Calgary, Canada to Tierra del Fuego. (If your geography is rusty, look it up!). It was supposed to be an eighteen month trip, but ended up being 3+ years. I think they went through 30 sets of tires!

When people would ask him how you complete a trip of such incredible length, he would reply ā€œBit by Bitā€. ā† Sure sounds like the John we all knew!

His wife Deena mentioned the ERPNext community several times and even read some sections from the posts above. And I just wanted to pass that along to the community here.

27 Likes