Remembering John Clarke

John has been a huge inspiration for me. I never had the opportunity to meet him in person, but the kind of work he has done here is irreplaceable. He helped everyone, and was always kind and friendly. If I can be half as consistent as John, I’ll have achieved a lot.

May his soul rest in peace.

2 Likes

May his soul rest in eternal peace and may his family find strength now and in the days to come🙏
Yeye mbele, sisi nyuma

1 Like

@clarkej was a great friend and calming influence to the community. He had his favorite causes like testing that he promoted with great diligence. However, when there were contentious opinions in the community, it was his calming influence that tended to bring everything back to centered. As everyone here has also noted, I will miss him. Thank you John for your calming advice and wonderful enlightening influence to the community. God bless you and a warm good bye.

BKM :cry:

3 Likes

May he rest in peace. I am grateful to his patient and strong leadership with contributions in helping us navigate through ERPNext. :cry:

3 Likes

Really sad to hear this, we all will miss you a lot.
He was extremely patient with me in beginig
May his soul rest in peace.

1 Like

A kind mentor, he will be remembered fondly, and missed greatly.

1 Like

It’s clear from the comments here that @clarkej had a positive influence on many of us. I had a few direct interaction with him in the forums, and I’m amazed how often I would search the forums for something and find he had provided an answer. He will certainly be missed.

1 Like

he give a lot for the community very kind and supportive.
will be missed for sure, may his soul rest in peace.

1 Like

It is really sad. He was a strong figure in the forum. He was a great explainer and a problem solver. His knowledge and experience is beyond my imagination. It’s really sad.

1 Like

John was a friend and colleague, and I will miss his easy going nature, dedication and determination when it came to solving a problem.

2 Likes

May his ethos continue to inspire us to come together, work together and build together. We will miss you, John!

1 Like

My condolences to @clarkej’s family and to his personal and non-personal friends of his in this community. A lost to the community for sure.
His way of giving solutions mostly is not a direct answer, but always a precise direction for an exploration for us to find the answer. And learns new things along the way. A true mentor he is.

2 Likes

Terribly sad news. So much positivity and grace that he brought to this community, let’s keep it alive…

John, you’ll be missed badly

2 Likes

Such a loss to the community, and the world of open-source.
John was a guy that provided an answer or a pointer to one so often - you could almost always know that if he replied on your post, it was with a solution.
Hopefully more people of the world will try to emulate him.

1 Like

Thank @rmehta for those kind words. It’s great that you have a look out for the people around you!

3 Likes

So sad news. Rest in peace. Thank you John.

1 Like

May he rest in peace, he helped me figure out 2 errors in the past.

1 Like

What a great lost to our community…was always present and had lots to add …
May his soul rest in peace and big and strong hug to his family.
:sob:

1 Like

An affectionate greeting Paolo Italy

1 Like

RIP man, what a sad new… :sob::sob::sob::sob:

1 Like