[Release Notes] ERPNext and Frappe Version 13.2.0

I already raised issue at git-hub , but I wanted to point out that when new feature is added , it should work in a very normal situation

What to do in case of customizations? :frowning:

I am sorry but I dont know what is causing this error - others on the forum seem unaffected. For me too, I was unable to manually upgrade or git reset if I attempted to do so after the failed bench updateā€¦ Lucky to have luxury of snapshots (lxd install) and easily revert back. My manual update method did not work (I think) if applied after bench update (gave fatal: refusing to merge unrelated histories error on git pull). Sorry. Hopefully someone else is able to help.

I noted this error when I updated, what I did was to do
bench update --patch
so that the changes in the database may be patched.
I also updated bench to v5.4 using sudo pip3 install --upgrade frappe-bench
I did not encounter the error again.
I googled the error about git and it had something to do about split history - whatever.
The thing is, I am able to do bench update

I had already tried the patch update. Unfortunately, the bench update --patch only updates erpnext and not the frappe.

I switched to develop branch. Which branch are you on?

how do i switch to develop branch?

Google search?
How do I switch to develop branch Frappe

develop branch is now v14. it skips the stable new release of v13.2

Thatā€™s what I did. You may or may not try.
When I updated the bench using pip3 install --upgrade frappe-bench, there was a message about bench being stored in the local userā€™s home directory. So, I edited the .bashrc of the frappe-user directory to export the path of bench.

switching to develop branch will change your database as it will create fields for GST, etc. even if you dont need themā€¦ just fyi - from prior experience.

Thanks for the headsup!

i found a simple way around.

git stash all changes.
then run bench update --reset
this command works seemlessly.
after update is completed apply git stash.

2 Likes

Whatā€™s the best method to update without any error?

Dear @nabinhait,
Your team is fantastic and doing well. Iā€™m very happy to see this release.

Brother, I got a dangerous issue in Stock Balance Report. Stock Ledger and Stock Balance ā€œBalance Valueā€ not same for few items. How I can fix this.

Thanks In Advance
Noman Haider

v13 Clean Install , Country Not India or UAE but i see
UAE VAT 201
Also Goods and Services Tax (GST India) under Accounting Module
Bank Statement Settings , gives me ā€œPage bank-statement-settings not found-the resource you are looking for is not availableā€

ERPNext: v13.2.0 (version-13)
Frappe Framework: v13.2.0 (version-13)

This has been a problem to me too.Someone from frappe has said it should be deleted but from where?Any one with solution on how to remove it?

If bench update --reset didnā€™t fix the issue of git unrelated histories you can manually hard reset to upstream/version-13.

Steps (this will wipe all local changes):

• Make sure you have upstream pointing to frappe/frappe and not to any forks. Check using git remote -v
  • Checkout main version-13 branch: git checkout version-13
  • Fetch the upstream branch git fetch upstream version-13
  • Hard reset to upstream git reset --hard upstream/version-13
4 Likes

Could you explain in more detail?

After upgrade to v13 from v12 the POS Closing Voucher is giving error to list, and I canā€™t delete any quotation because of it.

You logged in as Administrator ?
Look at the permissions , remove permissions to those doctypes