[Release Notes] ERPNext and Frappe Version 13.1.0

after the upgrade, I saw a new setting in site.config:

“user_type_doctype_limit”: {
“employee_self_service”: 10

can anyone advise what is the implication of this?

@surajshetty any updates??

On 13.1.2 - latest - just realized System Settings shows Not Saved. Changes made are retained - but the label seems stuck at Not Saved. Just fyi.

@nabinhait
is there any help here?

@zerodiscount Same happens to a lot of doctypes since 13 beta.

And, probably due to this, I’m not able to install ERPNext app, tracebacks are:

user@ip-172-31-19-143:~/frappe-bench$ bench --site sitename.com install-app erpnext
Installing erpnext…
Updating DocTypes for erpnext : [========================================] 100%
An error occurred while installing erpnext:
Module import failed for User Type (frappe.core.doctype.user_type.user_type Error: No module named ‘frappe.core.doctype.user_type’)

EDIT: I can confirm, this happened because frappe wasn’t updated due to some reasons, it got fixed once upgrade frappe to latest.

https://github.com/frappe/erpnext/issues/25291

1 Like

@nabinhait How do I comment this out? I’m running a version upgrade from 12 and seeing the same error. thanks in advance

Same problem after what seems to be a successful upgrade. Web pages work but Desk access displays this same popup.

web.log traceback

File "/home/recharger/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/translate.py", line 542, in extract_messages_from_code
    code = frappe.as_unicode(render_include(code))
  File "/home/recharger/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/utils/__init__.py", line 70, in render_include
    with io.open(frappe.get_app_path(app, app_path), 'r', encoding = 'utf-8') as f:
  File "/home/recharger/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/__init__.py", line 954, in get_app_path
    return get_pymodule_path(app_name, *joins)
  File "/home/recharger/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/__init__.py", line 969, in get_pymodule_path
    return os.path.join(os.path.dirname(get_module(scrub(modulename)).__file__ or ''), *joins)
AttributeError: module 'public' has no attribute '__file__'

I don’t know what the exact issue is because I’m not very well versed in Python, but it looks as if the “Public” module is not being excluded in the __init__.py file correctly.

I hope that someone can help with a fix soon.

For now, I’ve reverted the snapshot back to version 12 and will wait to see if I can get some feedback or a fix. I did perform the update twice with the same results and cannot see where else the issue may be.

Thanks to all the developers for this great tool that is ERPnext! :slight_smile:

@Shah1
Did you solve this? it shows in every page.

There is an issue that I thought was solved in this version but unfortunately not.
It is about the documents that are restricted for some users based on a link field.
In my case, it is a supplier group.
A user is given a limited access to local suppliers only, and when a purchase invoice is from a foreign supplier he gets this message, but at the same time can see all the contents with the message covering it,
And also can close the message and do whatever he wishes with the invoice, printing and emailing.

what would be the right solution for hiding such invoices?

Yes. Its fixed and doesn’t occur in the latest version 13.2.0.

1 Like

@Shah1 Thanks for confirmation.
Unfortunately, it still happens to me in version 13.2
I hope the real cause will be fixed soon.

/home/erpnext/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/build.py:330: UserWarning: Source /home/erpnext/frappe-bench/apps/nextfrepple/node_modules does not exist. warnings.warn(‘Source {source} does not exist.’.format(source = source))
module missing error in new version
anyone have solution