[Release Notes] ERPNext Version 13 has been released

Please advise when we have Pyhton 2.7 then what should be the method from upgrading from ERPNext: v12.19.0 (version-12), Frappe Framework: v12.16.3 (version-12)

Thanks, it is working fine but do I need to repeat above installation steps?

@casesolved-co-uk

There is not a must to use this or other programs.
There is a must to contribute to make it better.
The complain at least must be equal with contribution.

Not all reported bugs means real failure, but people always relay to it, try to get immediate attention as getting used to it on differ platforms.

Better to understand how this program builds up + understand the environment around it, then search a little bit and then find the solution, it moves things forward.
Not only the program works the environment must work around it.

Hope it gives a little clarification.

3 Likes

npm yarn version , issue i resolved

Bench in editable mode warning is discussed here, but without clear solution

1 Like

Got rid of custom_script fixtures in the custom app. I could update to v13.

2 Likes

Solved: if you are running multi sites, we need to bench --site sitename console and run above commands.

No resolution for this yet.

sudo bench --site sitename console

frappe.reload_doc(‘website’, ‘doctype’, ‘website_theme’, force=True)
frappe.db.commit()

then run sudo bench update --patch

frappe.exceptions.ValidationError: City/Town is an invalid Data field.

Only Options allowed for Data field are:

• Email
  • Name
  • Phone</ul

I could remember i have enabled some default options for City in the address doctype. However this did not work. I forgot to remove them from the customisation. Looks like this customisation is causing trouble during the upgrade.

Is there a fix for this.

Thanks @nabinhait

It works with the:

frappe.db.commit()

Strangly - did not need the “commit” for the previous errors! Just did the “reload” command.

But - everything works fine and I can access the desk and many functionalities. Not finding issues internally.

Additional Feedback:

Now, I receive the below after running:

bench build

The errors/warnings:

Building erpnext assets...

✔ Built js/erpnext-web.min.js
UNRESOLVED_IMPORT : 'vue/dist/vue.js' is imported by ../erpnext/erpnext/public/js/hub/marketplace.js, but could not be resolved – treating it as an external dependency
Cannot find some dependencies. You may have to run "bench setup requirements" to install them.

UNRESOLVED_IMPORT : 'vue/dist/vue.js' is imported by ../erpnext/erpnext/public/js/hub/vue-plugins.js, but could not be resolved – treating it as an external dependency
Cannot find some dependencies. You may have to run "bench setup requirements" to install them.

MISSING_GLOBAL_NAME : No name was provided for external module 'vue/dist/vue.js' in output.globals – guessing 'Vue' 

Are these warnings/errors serious?
How to fix it?

Worth noting that “bench version” output:

erpnext 13.0.0
frappe 13.0.1

During bench update, having following issue:

New update attempt:

ERPNext: v12.19.0 (version-12)
Frappe Framework: v12.16.3 (version-12)

Upgrade the system
sudo apt update
sudo apt upgrade
Update node-npm-yarn
curl -fsSL https://deb.nodesource.com/setup_10.x | sudo -E bash -
sudo apt-get install -y nodejs
sudo npm install -g npm
sudo npm install -g yarn
Upgrade frappe-bench
sudo -H pip3 install --upgrade frappe-bench
Installation directory
cd /opt/erpnext/erpnext
Update
bench setup requirements
bench update
New version
bench switch-to-branch version-13 frappe erpnext --upgrade
Error
AttributeError: ‘WebsiteTheme’ object has no attribute ‘ignored_apps’
Fix error
bench --site site1.local console
frappe.reload_doc(‘website’, ‘doctype’, ‘website_theme’, force=True)
frappe.db.commit()
exit()
Update
bench update --patch
Warnings

UNRESOLVED_IMPORT : ‘vue/dist/vue.js’ is imported by …/erpnext/erpnext/public/js/hub/marketplace.js, but could not be resolved – treating it as an external dependency
Cannot find some dependencies. You may have to run “bench setup requirements” to install them.

UNRESOLVED_IMPORT : ‘vue/dist/vue.js’ is imported by …/erpnext/erpnext/public/js/hub/vue-plugins.js, but could not be resolved – treating it as an external dependency
Cannot find some dependencies. You may have to run “bench setup requirements” to install them.

MISSING_GLOBAL_NAME : No name was provided for external module ‘vue/dist/vue.js’ in output.globals – guessing ‘Vue’

New Error

$ supervisorctl restart frappe:
error: <class ‘socket.error’>, [Errno 13] Permission denied: file: /usr/lib/python2.7/socket.py line: 228

Update
bench update
bench build
sudo reboot

The application is working but with those warnings and that error
ERPNext: v13.0.0 (version-13)
Frappe Framework: v13.0.1 (version-13)

UPDATE
Fix last error

1 Like

Hi all, thanks for the good work, really impressive so far.
I seem to have come across a bug, the drop down menu in Item Variant Settings comes up empty, there are no fields available for selection:

Thank you. Is there any way to skip the message keeping chart of accounts error free?

Hi gsarunk,

Many thanks for your reply!

I was able to proceed with your advice and finally install v13.

It looks very nice.

What is the best way to report from issues I am having, this

thread, or Issure report on GitHub?

Thank you very much and kind regards from Spain,

Alb

Getting the below error on couple of my sites.

frappe.exceptions.ValidationError: Default value for naming_series must be in the list of options.

Could you please help fix this.

1 Like

I have two instances. One the live instance and another one(VM-V13) spun from the snapshot of live instance. Trying to upgrade the VM-V13. Got the above error.

1. made the adjustments in the live system. ie. removed the default values in the address doctype. 2. Took a backup
  2. restored the site in VM-V13 with the new backup from file
  3. ran the update with patch
    This fixed this error.

But running into another error…:frowning:

Appreciate support for below issue;

Incorrect Valuation Rate in Stock Ledger and Repost Item Valuation not working for back dated cancelation [Release v13.0.0]

Hi Nabin,

I don’t agree it is predominantly the community’s problem when you have a large paid team. These problems affect the reputation of ERPNext very badly, and that affects the product, your team and the community. They are avoidable.

I would suggest that you do not spend a couple of days making a token effort. I recommend you pledge that v13.1.0 is the best release you’ve ever done, and every release after that, with the following fixed:

This may take months, but should ensure that you don’t get reviews like these (1st page of Google ‘ERPNext v13’ results): https://www.reddit.com/r/selfhosted/comments/jivgm8/erpnext_v13_is_released_open_source_erp_for/

I want to see ERPNext as the most successful ERP software on the planet. Based on my experience with other software, that is easily achievable. I love the product and we all do our bit, but at the moment the testing and release strategy is letting us all down.

3 Likes