[Release Note] ERPNext Version 12

You need to run that from the frappe-bench/apps/erpnext folder and you have to replace in your command line “ with " and ” with ".

plus you need to add a star (the multiplication key *) after heads/ and upstream/

If that doesn’t go through run the same command with git config --replace-all …

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Jay

1 Like

Sir
Thanks for the reply
I tried as mentioned…but no results
this is what i get

tried with git config --replace-all
no results
thanks and regards
Hemanth

1 Like

There won’t be any results in that screen. Now go back to frappe-bench folder and run

bench switch-to-branch version-12 --upgrade
bench update --patch

And if the DocType Item Manufacturer not found shows up:

bench run-patch erpnext.patches.v12_0.make_item_manufacturer

if you have multiple sites you will have to do that for each. The default site will go through when you run it the first time, but for the others you will have to use the command

bench --site sitename run-patch erpnext.patches.v12_0.make_item_manufacturer

Hope that helps

Thanks

Jay

2 Likes

Sir
Thanks a lot for the reply
Actually i tried going back to frappe-bench folder and i couldnt
I Tried cd frappe-bench and it didnt work
i know iam asking a very silly question …but please help me
how do i go back to frappe-bench folder
or should i reboot the system to go to frappe-bench folder
thanks and regards
hemanth

1 Like

Dude.

Type cd …/… from the ERPNext folder.

Or cd ~/frappe-bench from any other folder.

Thanks

Jay

1 Like

would you mind to specify how much RAM was not enough and which amount you have increased that to?

2 Likes

I was using v11 on GCP

• g1-small Shared-core machine type with 0.5 vCPU, 1.70 GB of memory, backed by a shared physical core.

Now I upgraded it for v12 to:

• n1-standard-1 Standard machine type with 1 vCPU and 3.75 GB of memory.
2 Likes

I cannot speak to the experience of others but after using it for nearly a day, V12 seems way more stable on release day than V11 was on release day. I know there are a few bugs here and there that need tidying up, but this is by far the most stable release i have experienced. And i love the new interface (I was initially skeptical about the changes when they were first announced). Some of the changes are indeed welcome (although there’s a bit of learning needed in order to understand the changes and additions).

Kudos to the entire Frappe team, developers and contributors for this amazing leap forward. Thank you for the work you do. :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

8 Likes

did you implement a K8 or installed/upgraded it?

1 Like

My upgrade attempts failed as I was having mysql permission issues patching Item_Manufacture. I could not figure out why mysql was throwing 1045 permission denied error and all my attempts to fix it directly failed, so I set up a fresh instance and restored backup of my sites and it’s working fine.

1 Like

Just to clear the process:

• on which version was the backup taken? v11.x or version-11 ?
  • is it guaranteed that a verison-11 backup is restored onto a version-12 setup?
1 Like

No chance for soem people. We are stuck by one of the patches:

pymysql.err.InternalError: (1054, “Unknown column ‘pricing_rules’ in ‘field list’”)

Since the Easy install prepares a version-12 system, we are not able to prepare a version-11 system and thus we are at the hands of developers. Not that we may do a manual install but I don’t think that will solve the version-12 upgrade problem specific to that patch.

1 Like

@Tufan_Kaynak2

My Backup was V11 and it restored to version 12 on most of my sites. I however had an issue with one site as i was getting this error: frappe.exceptions.DoesNotExistError: DocType Item Manufacturer not found. This was eventually fixed with bench --site sitename run-patch erpnext.patches.v12_0.make_item_manufacturer . My instance has been running smoothly since then. I haven’t really faced any issue since the move to V12.

1 Like

Hi
I get this error when i do a v12 upgrade

Any pointers on this
Regards
Hemanth

1 Like

Hi
Issue Solved by the following command
cd ~/.bench
git pull
cd ~/frappe-bench
bench switch-to-branch version-12 --upgrade
bench update --patch
Thanks and regards
Hemanth

1 Like

HI
After Update
This is what i get

clicking login doesnt bring up the login dialog box
the browser (chrome) console error is this
Capture2
Regards
Hemanth

1 Like

run

bench setup requirements
bench build
bench restart

1 Like

Hi
Thanks Jignesh_shah for your tips
i additionally ran the following
cd ~/frappe-bench
sudo npm install -g yarn
bench update --requirements
bench setup socketio
bench build
bench update
Up and running V12
My heart felt thanks to JayRam for helping me out when i was really stuck
Thanks a lot everybody
Regards
Hemanth

1 Like

Unable to upgrade to ERPNEXT 12 Pls help

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/lib/python3.5/runpy.py”, line 193, in _run_module_as_main
main”, mod_spec)
File “/usr/lib/python3.5/runpy.py”, line 85, in _run_code
exec(code, run_globals)
File “/home/netmanthan/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/utils/bench_helper.py”, line 97, in
main()
File “/home/netmanthan/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/utils/bench_helper.py”, line 18, in main
click.Group(commands=commands)(prog_name=‘bench’)
File “/home/netmanthan/frappe-bench/env/lib/python3.5/site-packages/click/core.py”, line 764, in call
return self.main(*args, **kwargs)
File “/home/netmanthan/frappe-bench/env/lib/python3.5/site-packages/click/core.py”, line 717, in main
rv = self.invoke(ctx)
File “/home/netmanthan/frappe-bench/env/lib/python3.5/site-packages/click/core.py”, line 1137, in invoke
return _process_result(sub_ctx.command.invoke(sub_ctx))
File “/home/netmanthan/frappe-bench/env/lib/python3.5/site-packages/click/core.py”, line 1137, in invoke
return _process_result(sub_ctx.command.invoke(sub_ctx))
File “/home/netmanthan/frappe-bench/env/lib/python3.5/site-packages/click/core.py”, line 956, in invoke
return ctx.invoke(self.callback, **ctx.params)
File “/home/netmanthan/frappe-bench/env/lib/python3.5/site-packages/click/core.py”, line 555, in invoke
return callback(*args, **kwargs)
File “/home/netmanthan/frappe-bench/env/lib/python3.5/site-packages/click/decorators.py”, line 17, in new_func
return f(get_current_context(), *args, **kwargs)
File “/home/netmanthan/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/commands/init.py”, line 25, in _func
ret = f(frappe.dict(ctx.obj), *args, **kwargs)
File “/home/netmanthan/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/commands/site.py”, line 233, in migrate
migrate(context.verbose, rebuild_website=rebuild_website)
File “/home/netmanthan/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/migrate.py”, line 48, in migrate
frappe.modules.patch_handler.run_all()
File “/home/netmanthan/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/modules/patch_handler.py”, line 29, in run_all
if not run_single(patchmodule = patch):
File “/home/netmanthan/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/modules/patch_handler.py”, line 63, in run_single
return execute_patch(patchmodule, method, methodargs)
File “/home/netmanthan/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/modules/patch_handler.py”, line 83, in execute_patch
frappe.get_attr(patchmodule.split()[0] + “.execute”)()
File “/home/netmanthan/frappe-bench/apps/erpnext/erpnext/patches/v12_0/set_gst_category.py”, line 10, in execute
make_custom_fields()
File “/home/netmanthan/frappe-bench/apps/erpnext/erpnext/regional/india/setup.py”, line 483, in make_custom_fields
create_custom_fields(custom_fields, update=update)
File “/home/netmanthan/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/custom/doctype/custom_field/custom_field.py”, line 140, in create_custom_fields
create_custom_field(doctype, df, ignore_validate=ignore_validate)
File “/home/netmanthan/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/custom/doctype/custom_field/custom_field.py”, line 124, in create_custom_field
custom_field.insert()
File “/home/netmanthan/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 258, in insert
self.run_post_save_methods()
File “/home/netmanthan/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 917, in run_post_save_methods
self.run_method(“on_update”)
File “/home/netmanthan/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 786, in run_method
out = Document.hook(fn)(self, *args, **kwargs)
File “/home/netmanthan/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 1055, in composer
return composed(self, method, *args, **kwargs)
File “/home/netmanthan/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 1038, in runner
add_to_return_value(self, fn(self, *args, **kwargs))
File “/home/netmanthan/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 780, in
fn = lambda self, *args, **kwargs: getattr(self, method)(*args, **kwargs)
File “/home/netmanthan/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/custom/doctype/custom_field/custom_field.py”, line 61, in on_update
validate_fields_for_doctype(self.dt)
File “/home/netmanthan/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/core/doctype/doctype/doctype.py”, line 562, in validate_fields_for_doctype
validate_fields(frappe.get_meta(doctype, cached=False))
File “/home/netmanthan/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/core/doctype/doctype/doctype.py”, line 823, in validate_fields
check_link_table_options(meta.get(“name”), d)
File “/home/netmanthan/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/core/doctype/doctype/doctype.py”, line 607, in check_link_table_options
frappe.throw(
(“{0}: Options must be a valid DocType for field {1} in row {2}”).format(docname, d.label, d.idx), WrongOptionsDoctypeLinkError)
File “/home/netmanthan/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/init.py”, line 360, in throw
msgprint(msg, raise_exception=exc, title=title, indicator=‘red’)
File “/home/netmanthan/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/init.py”, line 346, in msgprint
_raise_exception()
File “/home/netmanthan/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/init.py”, line 315, in _raise_exception
raise raise_exception(msg)
frappe.core.doctype.doctype.doctype.WrongOptionsDoctypeLinkError: Item: Options must be a valid DocType for field Manufacturers in row 128

1 Like

@netmanthan What commands have you run already? What was the last one that led you to this error?

Thanks

Jay

1 Like