Referencing Customer Item Codes in the Item Doctype to the Sales Invoice

Hi,

One of my customers requirements on their Sales Invoices is to have their SKU number listed along with our part/item number in the item table. I saw in the item doctype there is “customer Items Detail”. One of my developers states “but for fetching a table(Customer Item Codes) from item inside another table in the sales invoice will create a conflict” Would that cause issues to reference?

Thank you.

JR

can you provide ss so it would be great to see what exact problem you’re facing?

Vaibhav,

Thanks for responding, but sorry what is ss?

Thanks.

JR

ScreenShots…!!

Dear Vaibhav,

Yes. So here’s the Sales Invoice “Print Format”

And i want to add a column for “Customer SKU”

In the Item Doctype there is …

Does it cause a problem if trying to access the Customer Item Codes from within the Sales Invoice Item table?

Thanks.

JR

Firstly you have to create a custom print format for sales_invoice in that you can add your custom fields as per your requirements. And after that, you can fetch the Customer_SKU number on the following item table in sales_invoice.

like using these 2 links,

refer to this link to create a new custom print format.
https://docs.erpnext.com/docs/user/manual/en/customize-erpnext/print-format

Vaibhav,

Thanks for the direction. I have made the custom print format so i’ll look at the other post and see if i can make it work. Thanks for you help.

Regards,

JR

1 Like

@pokermagic after the setup done as shown in the item, open a sales transaction like Sales Order or invoice.

Now select the customer Tesco Techonologies Inc. and this particular Item and save the order.

Open/expand the item table’s row. There you should see the customer’s item code fetched automatically. What you’re requesting should be the default behaviour in the system already.

All you have to do now is customize the print format as suggested to add the column.