Redesigning the visual identity of ERPNext foundation

None of them give me the whowwwww…Magic overflow is nice…Let just wait a bit…One can not change a logo yearsly

I like the option 2 personally

Hey Jayram,

Thanks for the feedback. This is doable and I am working on it.

We tried this in the initial discussion internally, I and some others felt that it looks like olympic logo, so we dropped that option.

As Rushabh said this is the logo for the foundation.

Thanks again for the feedback.

This idea very nice, I will certainly explore it, but in my initial sketches this looked similar to google drive logo, which is also a triple mobius.

Wow thanks for the designs!

1 Like

I realize it could look like the Olympics’ or Audi’s logo. What’s the harm in that?

I think we have to also think about how easy and inexpensive it would be to transfer those prints on paper, merchandise, etc.

From that perspective, just the borders being colored may be a better idea. The fewer colors the better of course!

Let’s give that a thought before we select the final logo.

Thanks

1 Like

Considering the popularity of the first option, suggestions for @JayRam and others to keep the text of same weight and keeping the circles as only borders, I tweaked the designs. I can say that I am happy with the results. Here is the design.

I have written some guidelines for the use of the logo, It can be found here . The guidelines is still WIP and there is lot to add in that.

Also to check the progress of any design job check the design repo, the repository is new and it will be reorganised soon.

Thanks

7 Likes

Looks good. I like the slim font. This font is too thick. Can we make the circles contiguous instead of those breaks when they cross over? Can we separate out the x & t? I think it confuses people that its connected together.

But as somebody vehemently complained to me, this creativity by committee business is bullcr@p.

So based on all inputs given to you, you internalize which ones you want to take and which ones to ignore and come up with a final design and tell everybody: This is it, guys! Take it or get somebody else to do it for you. :slight_smile:

Cheers

Jay

1 Like

I kept it medium because at smaller sizes redability diminishes, it seems thick because the image is big.

This is on purpose :slight_smile: just like a ligature in handwritten text.

Thanks for the valuable feedback. Design is subjective and one needs feedbacks and critiques to make it apealing for everyone.

I would need help in writing the guidelines (brand guidelines or rules to use the logo), I have written most of it, but would need more information on guidelines for use of logo by service providers and partners. I’ll finish the document and put it on the forum here. If you want a sneak peek check out the design repo.