Redesigning Desk

Amazing theme. We are looking forward to see this soon.

How are the customization done by each user stored?

As a separate copy of the desk page for that user

Thank you, will tinker with it to see if it is possible to insert presets.

Is there a way to implement it without waiting for the official release? I tried modifying make_sidebar() function in /apps/frappe/frappe/public/js/frappe/views/desktop/desktop.js to include item.icon but was unable to make it work.

Perhaps you should make icons into a customisation option? by default with no icons, but allow users to easily upload a library of icons either individually or as a ZIP. I’m using the theme listed but on ERPnext 13 and it still has no icons.

The new layout is already more boring, the lack of icons just makes it confusing and even more boring… once loved for the Desktop UI with a mobile/iOS feel, then compromised with its new dashboard feel as for aesthetic it was a point loss but for usability many points up. But I feel like this is one step too far for the user experience. Aesthetic has lost many points and usability seems reduced by having too many options thrown at the user, the lack of icons also make it hard to navigate the endless amount of options.

Would love to say great work on this, but it really isn’t great work at all. I’m usually never this critical but it just seems like an awful choice made with a sense of pretentiousness.

Will it be possible then to edit the Standard Desk Pages? Or somehow otherwise hide pages globally? The current set of standard pages probably work great for many companies, but they really don’t suit ours.

Check this out

Elegant Theme for Frappe/ERPNext v13-beta - Discuss Frappe/ERPNext

Is there any news on linking desk pages to user roles? Right now, with all modules and pages displayed by default, the user experience isn’t great for our organization, especially for users with only very limited document access. They see all the modules with only one or two minor doctypes in each.

1 Like

In develop branch I saw module profile like role profile. I guess that will help in controlling module display.

1 Like

It’s already in version-13-beta

This is what the user sees when he/she is assigned with this module profile.

2 Likes

Thanks! I had used the modules to erase pages but didn’t know there was a module profile preset function now.

I’m still not clear on the modules <-> desk pages relationship, as there are things that appear on one but not the other. Also, it doesn’t seem to be possible to customize display of custom desk pages.

I’m happy to contribute PRs if there’s a roadmap, but I’m not sure what’s working as intended and what’s still half implemented.

Can you help me understand this in more detail . I actually need to modify my desk Page. Can I have my own designed pages as the landing pages for desk when I log in ? I am a beginner . What shall I do to achieve this ?

I have version 12 of Frappe and ERPNext installed. Does this support shortcuts ? How to enable them ? Where to look for them ? I am a beginner , sorry for such a basic question.

@scmmishra
What do you mean by this?
One of the feature I love about Frappe/ERPNext is many things are driven off config files allowing me to perform GitOps. Specifically I use the workspace json files.

hi
great work.
can anyone explain how can i install this redesigned desk or apply it?. i’m on v12 now and i’m beginner.
there is any guid step by step? or any doc
thanks

hi
great work.
can anyone explain how can i install this redesigned desk or apply it?. i’m on v12 now and i’m beginner.
there is any guid step by step? or any doc
thank

The new desk is available as part of v13. You will have to upgrade your instance to use it.

1 Like

thanks you sir… i’ll upgrade to v13 after how can i use it? it will come preinstalled with v13 or I’ve to install it separately after upgrade?

It’s a part of v13. Nothing to install separately.

1 Like