I am looking for the best way to add in recurring expenses (in USA many accounting software refer to these as “bills”) for both inventory and non-inventory items. Examples:
- Rent Expense (every month, same time, rent is due for building to landlord)
- Internet / Telephone Expense (same time each month, expense for phone is due)
- SaaS COGS Expense (bill for a software as a service that is being resold to a customer, due same time each month)
This would essentially be a recurring purchase invoice I believe, but I am wondering if there is a better way to enter this info / what the preferred and recommended method is.
Hi, I have been doing this the whole day doing my 2019 accounts.
I have a somewhat unorthodox approach but our Revenue Office has never complaint.
I have downloaded the transaction file for 2019. Manipulated it to have subtotals for all my suppliers. So, among others, 12 times internet, 12 times insurance, 12 telephone and so on totals for the year.
I calculated the without tax rate and than just makes an invoice and payment on 31 december.
I don’t have the energy to enter 48,60,72 monthly payments
Hmm, I see what you are saying, but I want these to be created automatically and I want my accounting to be up to date on a month to month basis. I’m not sure that this will accomplish that.
Set up Auto Repeat
- Go to Home > Settings > Automation > Auto Repeat > New .
- Select the Reference Document Type, like Journal Entry or Sales Invoice, etc.
- Select the Reference Document. This is the individual document that you want to repeat.
- Set the Start Date and End Date (optional). If End Date is not specified, recurring documents will be created, unless the Auto Repeat is disabled.
- Set the Frequency for creating repeatable documents (Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly, Half-yearly, Yearly).
Perfect! That is what I was looking for.