Quotation to Sales Orders Conversion

Dear All,

We have been facing some problem with conversion of QUOTE to SO. The problem is not with the system but the problem is human error. Now the thing is that one person from our organisation would send a quote to a Customer the customer might accept the Quote and then place an order. After the order is received the order is entered by someone else but that someone else forgets to convert the QUOTE to SO instead makes a new SO afresh.

Now the problem with this happens that the Quote still remains pending but in reality the SO is received, is there a way to avoid this kind of a thing or a way to attach the quote to the SO created.

Hello Aditya,

If there exist a scenario when quotation creation is mandatory before created sales order, you can simply make against quotation field in sales order a mandatory field. It will force user to pull items from quotation.

Thanks and Regards,

Umair Sayyed
www.erpnext.com

---- ERPNext - World's most affordable ERP ----

On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 10:54 AM, Aditya Duggal <ad…@rigpl.com> wrote:

Dear All,

We have been facing some problem with conversion of QUOTE to SO. The problem is not with the system but the problem is human error. Now the thing is that one person from our organisation would send a quote to a Customer the customer might accept the Quote and then place an order. After the order is received the order is entered by someone else but that someone else forgets to convert the QUOTE to SO instead makes a new SO afresh.

Now the problem with this happens that the Quote still remains pending but in reality the SO is received, is there a way to avoid this kind of a thing or a way to attach the quote to the SO created.

Thanks and Regards,

Umair Sayyed
www.erpnext.com

---- ERPNext - World's most affordable ERP ----

Making Quotation as Mandatory would mean increasing unnecessary work load of creating a quote for every Sales Order, I am looking for a way other than making quote mandatory.

On Monday, April 9, 2012 10:54:06 AM UTC+5:30, Aditya Duggal wrote:

Dear All,

Dear Umair,

I have recently installed OPENERP on my machine and I was kind of working on it and I found out that the OPENERP system works on a beautiful concept.

They consider a SO and Quote to be one transaction, basically if we save a SO in OpenERP it is considered as a quote and if we SUBMIT a SO then it is considered as a confirmed order.

Now the only problem which I can see with this arrangement is that how do they handle orders which are not fully confirmed but are partly confirmed.

Can we at ERPNEXT look at that kind of arrangement 'coz that would remove the problem of Quotation to SO.

On Monday, April 9, 2012 11:32:51 AM UTC+5:30, Umair Sayyed wrote:

Hello Aditya,

If there exist a scenario when quotation creation is mandatory before created sales order, you can simply make against quotation field in sales order a mandatory field. It will force user to pull items from quotation.

Thanks and Regards,

Umair Sayyed
www.erpnext.com

---- ERPNext - World’s most affordable ERP ----

On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 10:54 AM, Aditya Duggal  wrote:

Dear All,

Thanks and Regards,

Umair Sayyed
www.erpnext.com

---- ERPNext - World’s most affordable ERP ----