Quickbooks Integration Development

Hi Tyler (@tmatteson),

I suppose there is slight mismatch in understanding. We are planning a mapper only for Tax booking as of now and not CoA. To my understanding CoA is not generalised concept and application of it changes per country and even in country it changes as per industry and accounting practice as well. Any solution over this with limited knowledge (of ours) would not be sufficient. But with learning and help from experts we will take this up.

So, for now we leave it to customer (and accountants) with playground to get to it fixed manually and we will help with side by side CoA view to compare.

Nice thought but we will see once basic fixes are out. I suppose this will help to easily replicate across same practicing account books.

We seen business owners find Accounts of ERPNext more promising than anything else they might be using but most of the times it is driven by accountants than business owners. It goes by that judgement and perception which turns it to be reliable practice. So, making a one success story in your industry will help adoption.

At least in India with new tax changes in due effect new implementations showing willingness to go with ERPNext accounting as prime.

Thanks,
Gupteshwar.
Indictrans.

2 Likes

Hello good people, any update on this? Is it working fine now?

There seem to be different threads in different places:

1 Like

Hello - we are interested in the QuickBooks connector software for ERPnext - is it still live and has been tested now? Thank you!

I would like to suggest a generic accounting software interface.

In Austria there is also a very successful proprietary accounting software in broad use, because it is native in the market and a lot and accounting firms are using it. A lot of ERP Systems have interfaces to it.

I have 20years of experience selling and implementing a mid-sized proprietary ERP that did not even have a really integrated accounting. Instead, they had a good generic interface which could easily be adapted for different foreign accounting software. This was a great and easy to sell, since the “accounting world” is often separate from the ERP world in companies. Additionally, we also sold our own separate accounting software “integrated” with the generic interface.

Accounting interfaces do not have a lot of variations, since the data flow is always more or less the same.
It is not necessary to reinvent the wheel for each accounting software.

With a really integrated accounting and a good generic easy to adapt interface ERPNext would have the best of both worlds. Integration and flexibility.