Out of the box, setting up home-owners as Customers would be your best option
I would have suggested renaming the field as Home-owner but that might create problems while migrating to a newer version
Setting up your monthly dues as Subscription would be ideal.
You will need to create the first document (Sales Invoice in this case) manually and then you can use the Subscription module to set it up as a Subscription. Refer to this video for help https://erpnext.org/docs/user/videos/learn/subscription.html
This way you do not have to worry about generating the invoices manually and the system can even email the invoices at a particular day of the month to the Home Owners (Customers)
I would like to ask a question here,
What is the intent of storing the car number separately? Do you mention them in the (Annual) Car Sticker invoices that you send out?
Suggestion: If storing and mentioning the car number is not that relevant, I would suggest you to just use the quantity column in Sales Invoice to charge the Home Owners.
If you want to mention the car number on the invoice and link it to the Home Owner, also calculating the Quantity of Car stickers from the Car numbers mentioned and link it to each Home Owner, it might require a lot of customisation and might not be worth for invoices that you send out Annually. Also given the complexities, using Subscription module for these invoices might not make sense
Distinction between a Product and a Service in an item master is that you generally maintain a stock of a Product whereas a Service is something that you render to your customer involving some value addition for which you charge a fee. On ERPNext it is distinguished when you select or unselect “Maintain stock” option
Depending on how you charge Home Renovation Service fees,
- If it is a one time fee for every time they get their home renovated, the item will be “Service Fee for Home Renovation” and a price defined for it
- If you charge on basis of duration of the renovation, you will have to define the item as “Home Renovation Service Fee per month/day”, with a price defined for it
For IDs, define an item ID in the item master and associate a price for it
For this you will have to define an hourly rate for these items in your item master
- Setup your Chart Of Accounts based on your country and the accounting practices used in your company, you may be using some custom ledgers/accounts
- Set Accounts for all the modules that you intend to use like HR for payroll, Accounts for Expense Type
- Make sure you setup the purchase modules as well, use the RFQ section for getting quotes from various vendors for all your buying needs. You can even send them links for them to fill in their quotes, this is a pretty cool feature
- Load Opening Balances of all your Accounts
- Start entering transactions in ERPNext
Once you start using ERPNext and have enough data, you can view the P&L in real-time
You can setup a monthly email to be sent out of your P&L, go to the Profit and Loss statement in Accounts section, Click on Menu on right hand side of your screen, click on Setup Auto Email, Make a new Auto Email Report (Frequency=Monthly)
Hope this helps. The suggestions mentioned above are based on my understanding, if any of the assumptions do not seem reasonable please reply back and the community will be happy to help accordingly.