Quarter sales needed - minus taxes

I am not quite sure how to find my total sales for a given time frame, minus the taxes charged?

My case is:
October 1st to December 31st, 2021.

I need the total sales, before taxes.

How can this be done?

Thanks

Joseph

I was able to find the solution to my question:

I looked under the chart of accounts:
Income: Direct Income: Sales

I chose the time frame, and it worked perfectly.

Joseph

you check the report sales register

1 Like

Thanks pirated

The sales register just gives a list of invoices in a given time frame. It does not seem to offer an option to see the subtotals of each invoice, or the total of the invoice subtotals.

I was able to achieve this via the chart of accounts income: direct income: sales

Thanks for your help.

Yes you can view in Sales Register as well

Move the bottom scrollbar to the right ???

1 Like

HI there.

I did not think to scroll. You are right. All details are there:)

That is a simple way to get all sales information!

Is it possible to do thew same thing for expenses? Meaning, lining up all the chart of accounts that we choose and get a total? WE will see the individual accounts and the total.

Thanks

Well there is not standard report for Expenses as you require specifically.

One of the way you could do that would be to use the P&L report … by choosing your Periodicity … “Monthly”, “Quarterly”, “Half Yearly” or “Yearly” . Of course you could then export the report to “Excel” and remove the row that you don’t want and voila your expense report by “Quarter” or “Monthly”

Of course if the above is not what you prefer there is always the “Report List” where you can create a New Report based on your requirement.

One of the way you could do that would be to use the P&L report … by choosing your Periodicity … “Monthly”, “Quarterly”, “Half Yearly” or “Yearly” . Of course you could then export the report to “Excel” and remove the row that you don’t want and voila your expense report by “Quarter” or “Monthly”

Asan Bazaar

Thanks for the profit and loss report. This is what I was looking for.

I did find one problem.

Up until about April of last year, I will just making a journal entry for my expenses in some categories.

In order to better track expenses by m various suppliers, I started entering the purchase invoices, so that I could also track the payments.

In order to do this, I was no longer able to(at least I did not know how) enter the account form the chart of accounts as the “item”. I needed to create an “item/product” that I could buy from the supplier.

How can I get the same kind of report as the profit and loss, but for the items that I put on my purchase orders for expenses? Example:

Cell phone
Internet
Office supplies

Thanks a lot for your help!

Joseph

Hi

Well not the same as P&L report but close… You could use the “Purchase Invoice Trends” report. search for it on Awesome bar.

You could Base it on “Supplier” and Group by “Item”

Of course this would give you the report for all your supplier including the Expense Supplier. You could go ahead Export them to Excel and as before delete the rows and recalculate !!!

As for older entries… till April Last year…which uses JV… there is nothing much we can do… You could maybe use the GL to get the totals based on the account head used to for that purpose.