Purchase Order tax calculation

Hi,

I want to use tax included price in Purchase Order as in Sales Order. But there is no option about tax included price in Purchase Order. I tried “Valuation and Total”, “Valuation” and “Total” options with Add or Deduct but that does not belong my request.

For example: Basic rate (price) for item is 100. VAT %18 (price is tax included)
Total should be 100 and Vat Amount should be 15.254. 

But in Purchase order page I see with “Valuation and Total”, “Total”  and “Add” option

Total is 118 and Vat Amount 18 .

And did not find any options for tax included price. Could you explain how can I manage this option?

Thanks

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext User's Forum" group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

The feature not yet available in erpnext. We are adding the request in github issues.

https://github.com/webnotes/erpnext/issues/321

Regards,
Nabin Hait

On 10-Apr-2013, at 1:19 PM, aliosman20 wrote:

Hi,

I want to use tax included price in Purchase Order as in Sales Order. But there is no option about tax included price in Purchase Order. I tried "Valuation and Total", "Valuation" and "Total" options with Add or Deduct but that does not belong my request.

For example: Basic rate (price) for item is 100. VAT %18 (price is tax included)

But in Purchase order page I see with "Valuation and Total", "Total"  and "Add" option

And did not find any options for tax included price. Could you explain how can I manage this option?

Thanks

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext User's Forum" group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.

Hi Nabin,

We also sometimes face this issue when some of our vendors quote us prices with included tax. Now I would like to know if it is possible to handle such situations with Erpnext currently. Let me explain our scenario in a detailed manner:

1. We are quoted for an item @ 100/- per pc from a DEALER and which includes the excise duty
  2. Now we make a PO for 100 Nos @ 100/- per pc + Local Tax at 5% which makes the total PO value of 100*100 = 10,000/- + 5% Tax = 10,500/-
  3. Now when we receive the material from the vendor the invoice is of total value of 10,500/- but this 10,500/- includes 500/- of local tax and also some amount of excise duty which is not as a percentage but based on actual since in India the excise duty cannot be charged by dealers and hence they only pass the amount of Excise which was charged to them by their manufacturer on their selling price.
  4. Now if the purchase price of the dealer is 80/- he would have been charged 10% of excise on that 80/- making the excise amount of 8/- per pc
  5. Hence the dealer would make the invoice like this 92/- *100 pcs = 9200/- + 8/- * 100 pcs = 10,000/- + 5% tax = 10,500
Now since we have checked the maintain the same price across the purchase cycle and we made the PO for 100/- then we cannot change the price in Purchase invoice or Purchase receipt so we always need to cancel the PO and then amend the PO according to the Purchase Invoice received from the supplier.

Is there a way in which we could bypass the cancelling of the PO without unchecking the option for maintaining the same price across the Purchase Cycle.

On Wednesday, April 10, 2013 1:51:19 PM UTC+5:30, Nabin Hait wrote:
The feature not yet available in erpnext. We are adding the request in github issues.

Regards,
Nabin Hait

Hi,

I want to use tax included price in Purchase Order as in Sales Order. But there is no option about tax included price in Purchase Order. I tried "Valuation and Total", "Valuation" and "Total" options with Add or Deduct but that does not belong my request.

But in Purchase order page I see with "Valuation and Total", "Total"  and "Add" option

Thanks

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

Only way I can see by implementing inclusive tax feature in purchase cycle. otherwise you can overwrite the function which validates same rate throughout purchase cycle, so that it bypass validation for a particular role or based on some custom field.

On 5 Jan 2014 15:42, "Addy" <ad...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Nabin,

We also sometimes face this issue when some of our vendors quote us prices with included tax. Now I would like to know if it is possible to handle such situations with Erpnext currently. Let me explain our scenario in a detailed manner:

1. We are quoted for an item @ 100/- per pc from a DEALER and which includes the excise duty
  2. Now we make a PO for 100 Nos @ 100/- per pc + Local Tax at 5% which makes the total PO value of 100*100 = 10,000/- + 5% Tax = 10,500/-
  3. Now when we receive the material from the vendor the invoice is of total value of 10,500/- but this 10,500/- includes 500/- of local tax and also some amount of excise duty which is not as a percentage but based on actual since in India the excise duty cannot be charged by dealers and hence they only pass the amount of Excise which was charged to them by their manufacturer on their selling price.
  4. Now if the purchase price of the dealer is 80/- he would have been charged 10% of excise on that 80/- making the excise amount of 8/- per pc
  5. Hence the dealer would make the invoice like this 92/- *100 pcs = 9200/- + 8/- * 100 pcs = 10,000/- + 5% tax = 10,500
Now since we have checked the maintain the same price across the purchase cycle and we made the PO for 100/- then we cannot change the price in Purchase invoice or Purchase receipt so we always need to cancel the PO and then amend the PO according to the Purchase Invoice received from the supplier.

Is there a way in which we could bypass the cancelling of the PO without unchecking the option for maintaining the same price across the Purchase Cycle.

On Wednesday, April 10, 2013 1:51:19 PM UTC+5:30, Nabin Hait wrote:

Regards,
Nabin Hait

Hi,

But in Purchase order page I see with "Valuation and Total", "Total" and "Add" option

Thanks

Hi Aditya,

Were you able to figure out a workaround for this?
This is quite a common case for us.

Thanks

Open the tax item and tick the option Is this Tax included in Basic Rate?