Purchase order is late

Hi ! I was wondering if there was a way to be informed when a purchase order isn’t received in time

Thanks for your help !

Hi,

In Buying Setting,

Purchase Order Required:-
If this option is configured “Yes”,
ERPNext will prevent you from creating a Purchase Invoice or a Purchase
Receipt without first creating a Purchase Order.

Purchase Receipt Required:-
If this option is configured “Yes”,
ERPNext will prevent you from creating a Purchase Invoice without first
creating a Purchase Receipt.

Hi, thank you for your answer

In my understanding, this would just mean that it’s mandatory to create a purchase order before creating a receipt but it won’t do anything if the product I’m buying is late, isn’t it ?

Hi,
In setting ,if you configure same then purchase order is required before receipt.
but if you don’t want setting then you can create Purchase Receipt directly without Purchase Order

@MelanieL I think what you are looking for is something like this:

This kind of a report is not available in the system currently but can be made for sure but before that you would need to follow the process of making PO ===>GRN ===> PI

1 Like

Ok, thank you, I customized the form to add the expected delivery date, and is it possible to have it raise a notification or something when no purchase receipt has been made after this date ? Or is it too complicated and we should just check the form ?

It is definitely possible. Infact if the Expected Date is nearing you can also send an email notification. But the only problem is that it has not been coded into the standard product but if anyone is wanting this badly then they can either code it themselves or ask some1 to code it for them.

But yes this kind of functionality is possible in the base system.

Yes I hadn’t thought of the email notification, that’s a good idea, thanks ! I’m going to try to do that