Thanks to memberships we have funds!
We need to start using the funds to improve the product.
We’ve employees on foundation payroll who can review and merge PRs and even collaborate if new contributors need any help.
I’m proposing a monthly bounty of 2000 USD to add community requested features into product.
This bounty will be sponsored by the foundation.
- Start with 2000USD per month
- 4 features from Github issues will be selected per month (tagged)
- Module volunteers and community can propose issues.
- Issues for upcoming month to be finalized before month end
- Service Providers, freelancers, developers or contributing users can respond on Issue if they wish to claim the bounty
- Forum post linking to issues and pull requests will be setup and pinned every month to show updates on the bounty.
- Bounty is awarded after PR is merged.
- Maintainers have right to choose or reject feature to be added into core product.
- Example, features dependent on proprietary API libraries or features inconsistent with ERPNext’s user experience will be rejected and not sponsored by bounty.
- If this process works, we can increase the bounty amount.