Over the last few weeks, we have been talking to Sanna and Eduardo at @generare about ways to work together to support the ecommerce portion of ERPNext. We went through each of our “wish lists” and put everything into one of three buckets:
- Back-end / Admin
- Web Site
- Cart / Checkout / Post-Sale
All lists like this are restricted to your own interests because you don’t know what others might need. Our goal is to make the ecommerce module much more robust and our proposal is this:
- Gather additional needs from members of the forum
- Invite interested users and developers to form a Working Group that is similar to the Agriculture Group and the Accounting Group.
- We would establish a cadence of weekly or semi-monthly conference calls to discuss our current projects and needs. Hopefully there would be many projects where we could combine resources, expertise, and skills quickly and get them merged to the Core.
- Regularly report back here to update the broader Community about our progress and hopefully encourage more people to join in the effort.
If you are interested, please contact us and we can add you to our Telegram group.
(You don’t have to join the working group to ask for a feature or function to be included in the Ecommerce Wish List!)