Hi, good day!
Bai Web and Mobile Lab is planning on adding Daily Reminders and Progress Updates which was highlighted in this github issue : https://github.com/frappe/erpnext/issues/3466.
Based on our initial design, we’re planning on doing the following:
In the Project Doctype:
Add a checkbox for “Collect Progress”
If “Collect Progress” is checked, show a dropdown/select field for “Frequency To Collect Progress”
-initial options for frequency would be: Hourly, Twice daily, Daily and Weekly
Add a field (or fields) for “Hour/Time to Collect Progress”
- if frequency would be “Hourly”, we should add fields for start time and end time (eg. only send emails/progress update reminders from 9AM to 4PM)
- if frequency is “Twice Daily”, add 2 fields for the 2 specific times/hours for the progress updates
- if frequency is “Daily”, add field for “Time to Collect Progress”
- if frequency is “Weekly”, add field for “Time to Collect Progress” and the Day to Collect Progress Reports.
Users in the Project Doctype will be the recipients for the email reminders/summary.
Create/Update Project Dashboard to show linked Progress Updates
Progress Update (New Doctype):
- A Link field to Project
- A Date field
- Time Field for Hour of Day (Should this be the same as the “hour/time to collect progress” in the project module? Or should it be the time when the Progress Update was created? Which would be better?)
- A Select/Dropdown field, “How is the Project Progressing Right Now?”.
-Options would be : Great/Quickly, Good/Steady, Challenging/Slow, Problematic/Stuck
- A Child Table for Users (Users/people who contributed to the project update.)
- Text field for Description/Update Details
- Should doctype be submittable or not?
- Suggested Naming would be UPDATE-ProjectName-.YY.MM.DD (suggestions are welcome)
- Create a Progress Update for a project during the specified times/days
- Send an email to all users in the Project document to update the auto-created Progress Update
- If it’s a holday, don’t send emails. (This will probably need the Calendar feature)
- Send a summary of the updates the next day to the users in the project document.
- Should progress updates be 1 update per user per hour/day/week? Or should it be 1 Update per project per hour/day/week?
- Should there be a child table for “Progress Update” in Project to show the linked progress updates + dates + users who submitted/created/modified the Progress Update? Or would it be better to just add Progress Update to the Project Dashboard?
- Should new progress updates be created automatically or would it be better if users created them manually?
-If progress update is created automatically, then the link to the progress update can be sent along with the emai (Eg. please fill up the project update form here: <button which redirects to the link<). But this may lead to unused progress updates (if users forget to use the generated document and create their own)
-If progress update is created by the user, then user will have to enter all the details manually.
Any suggestions, comments, discussions are welcome.