Production Planning Tool - Grouping Material Request

Hi,

When using the Production Planning Tool to raise Material Requests, they are not grouped by Supplier. If you need item X, Y and Z for production, and X & Y are from the same supplier, two Material Requests will be raised. Is there a way to have ERPNext group items from the same supplier on one Material Request?

You can always create a PO and use the “Get Items from Open Material Requests” button, but you need to know from which Supplier you need to order your items, which would not be very practical when dealing with a lot of Material Requests. I have not found a report that would give me this information, so my next step is to create one, but before proceeding, what you guys do in this situation? Am I doing something wrong or missed a step?

Thank you

Hello,

Please check my inline replies below.

When using the Production Planning Tool to raise Material Requests, they are not grouped by Supplier. If you need item X, Y and Z for production, and X & Y are from the same supplier, two Material Requests will be raised. Is there a way to have ERPNext group items from the same supplier on one Material Request?

Based on Production Planning Tool, separate Material Request is created for each Item. You can group items while creating Purchase Order.

Steps:

1. Update Default Supplier for an Item in the Item master.
  2. Create new Purchase Order.
  3. Select Supplier.
  4. Click on a button below Supplier field called “Get Items from Open Material Request”

You can always create a PO and use the “Get Items from Open Material Requests” button, but you need to know from which Supplier you need to order your items, which would not be very practical when dealing with a lot of Material Requests. I have not found a report that would give me this information, so my next step is to create one, but before proceeding, what you guys do in this situation? Am I doing something wrong or missed a step?

Please create Github Issue for the feature suggestion of grouping items in Material Request based on Supplier.

I was just looking for how to do this exact thing and came across your post - thank you @umair!

1 Like