Production Plan is generating only 1 Work Order even when there are two BOMs

I have designed two BOMs

1. Uses Bright bar (RM) Item and has one operation of cutting Bright bar to pieces. It is called Raw BB Pieces.
  2. Uses Raw BB Pieces Item and has 6 operations like Heat Treatment, Grinding, etc. It is called Finished BB Pieces.

I create a Production Plan for manufacturing Finished BB Pieces and directly save it and submit it.

After this when I create Work Order from PP it generates only one Word Order for item Finished BB Pieces! Where as it should actually generate two work orders one for each BOM.

After this I open the newly created Word Order and create Job Card. Here instead of generating 6 job cards it generates 7 job cards. Surprisingly the Cutting operation of the BOM Raw BB Pieces gets added. I don’t know as to why this happens. Any ideas?

Now the twist is that at time of creating Production Plan if I click on the button Get Sub Assembly Items ERPNext will add the base BOM that is Raw BB Pieces as sub assembly. I save and submit it and then when I create Work Orders it generates two WO!!!

Is this behavior by design or it is a BUG?

Regards,