Whenever importing an Excel table in the Chinese system receiving the error “local variable ‘doctype’ referenced before assignment”
- downloaded the template in right system language, added just mandatory fields -> receiving error
- when switching to English, downloading template, same mandatory field, same data -> succesfull import
- both in v10 and development branch of v11
I have the feeling there’s a problem caused by the default Simplified Chinese template since it’s working well in English system. Any suggestions how to fix or debug this problem further?
this is a bug, the pull request just submitted https://github.com/frappe/frappe/pull/5760
also you can try the below workaround
1.after change the user language, then log off the system
2. in the backend, clear the cache by sudo bench clear-cache, restart the server again
3. logon the system try upload again!
if still failed, please kindly change the downloaded template(Chinese Version) from 文档类型: back to Doctype:
and try again!
anyway, if the above pull request accepted and merged, hopefully it can work without above workaround needed!
the pull request already merged, may I know whether your reported issue resolved?