POS stop sell negative stock

Hiii
How can I stop sell negative stock when using POS?
Thanks

Hi @dufani1! Have you tried checking if you have allowed negative stocks in your Stock Setting?

Hi @creamdory allowed negative stocks not checked and I still can sell zero quantity items from POS!!!
Please check in your test account if replicated.

Please check the following link the same issue:

I have also seen other POS systems which actually allow sales for items with no or negative stock.

The assumption is, if an item reaches the POS, there is obviously quantity in stock, but is not reflected in the system for whatever reason.

I’m not saying this is good or bad, but the point is, this can be a feature or a bug, depending on perspective.

1 Like

Hi @dufani1 @felix! I have tested on my test account with “Allow Negative Stock” unchecked. This is what happened:

1. Create POS entry for an Item with Zero Stock in a particular warehouse set in my POS profile.
  2. POS completed and generated a “Draft” Invoice.
  3. Submitted invoice with “Update Stock” checked and it prompted to have insufficient stocks for the Item in the Warehouse.

I think the issue you are raising here is it suppose to not allow the transaction on the POS level rather than on the Invoice level, is this correct? I believe this is designed this way as there are times in which Inventory Balances are not updated yet in the System but it is already in the Shelf physically. But I believe an option to allow and disallow this functionality in the POS level is also essential, thus, a feature request can be raise in GitHub.

By the way, I am running in the following version:

ERPNext: v7.2.3

Frappe Framework: v7.2.30

Regards

2 Likes