PoS Sales return process/flow

I’ve been reading forum post on the PoS sales return process but still can not get a handle on it.

From what I understand is you have to create SINV-RET. But if I go to get items from Sales order, none of the PoS sales show up. What are PoS sales/receipts categories as?

Ideally, I would like to create a sales return, and be able to scan a unique identifier on the receipt to pull up all the items. I have the barcode working but not 100% which field to barcode to enable a lookup on the sales transactiton from PoS.

Another question, what exactly is the “offline_pos_name”

POS Sales are found under Invoicing. There you can create a Credit Note for returned sales.
Open the Invoice > Make > Credit Note

Offline POS Name is the identifier for the invoice before it is assigned a SINV Invoice Number to avoid name sequence conflicts.

@adam26d
Taking your reply I wonder if the system allows to keep as credit the payment but the goods returned… Bcs We have cases where once paid you don’t return the cash but issue a credit note… For future purchase from the customer!

Good use case. It sounds possible but I’m not sure how to do it.

@adam26d

Thank you, I’m know sure how I missed that. It’s exactly what I was looking for.

1 Like