POS / Sales Invoice

Any one got aspirin? I am banging my head against a brick wall, and it is starting to hurt :grin:

I am trying to devise a way of bringing our Amazon, Ebay and website sales (prestashop) in to ERP
We currently use ERP for just trade account customers, but going forward we need all our sales in there so we can start using the stock control and manufacturing parts

So, simple I thought. POS will be perfect with a barcode scanner. Set up a profile for each, linked to the customer (Ebay or Amazon being the customer). So one Profile for Ebay, one for Amazon etc. But nope. users (those people entering the sale) can only have one profile. GRR

Ok, so one profile only. Great, slightly more work because we will have to choose the customer manually (or with the barcode scanner) but it will work.

No it won’t because a profile can either have TAX included or Not. so there is no way to choose at the point of use . One customer on Amazon pays VAT (EU) the other does not (USA)

So POS is not going to work for us

No worries, back to the invoice then. We will have to import the invoices. Wow, that is complex. It requires far more data than we need to enter. Forget that.

So back to manually entering sales invoices. It is going to be slower, but if that is all we can do then that is what we must do

Then I notice the tick box to convert the sales invoice into a POS sale. Now this looks really promising. because we CAN add and remove tax in this screen. Looking hopeful.

So the questions?

When we select a new invoice, we can select the series name, or more usually accept the default

BUT

when we click the POS button, the series disappears and we then have to manually go back and select the series again

So, now we have the questions :slight_smile:

1. Is there a way of making the series stay after clicking the POS box?
  2. Is there a way of defining WHICH series is selected when clicking the POS box
  3. On a slightly different note, I am hoping to use hand held barcode scanners to enter most of the data, normally when we use the scanner it types the data in then effectively presses the enter key to move to the next box. This action does not work in ERP, and we stay in the same box. Ideas?

Cheers

What version are you using?

Hi @Ron_Taylor

See my comments inline

1. Is there a way of making the series stay after clicking the POS box?
    Did you created POS Profile? If yes please check whether you have defied the series or not in the profile(see attachment )

2. Is there a way of defining WHICH series is selected when clicking the POS box
    This can be achieved using POS profile, set different series for each profile

3. On a slightly different note, I am hoping to use hand held barcode scanners to enter most of the data, normally when we use the scanner it types the data in then effectively presses the enter key to move to the next box. This action does not work in ERP, and we stay in the same box. Ideas?
    Try with the tab key

Thanks, Rohit

2 Likes

Thanks for the replies - works well!

I am sure this will not be possible, but let me ask anyway. Is it possible for the difference sales invoice series to have different screen layouts?

So selecting invoice series SINV- is the standard layout, but selecting SINV-POS- series and the layout changes (so i can remove unnecessary boxes just for that series)

This would have to be possible on erpnext.com because we are hosted, and really without programming becuase, well I can;t anymore (used to do a bit of basic and machine code back in the day - lol)

Hi @Ron_Taylor,

This is not possible, but you can open the pos/Invoice form based on the series selection
For example, on sales invoice form if user select the SINV-POS- then checked the checkbox Is POS else unchecked Is POS, check below code

frappe.ui.form.on('Sales Invoice', {
	naming_series: function(frm) {
		if(frm.doc.naming_series == 'SINV-POS-') {
			frm.set_values('is_pos', 1)
		}
	}
})

Thanks, Rohit