PoS Credit Card processing

I just started playing with erpNext to get familiar with it. I plan on using it for my service based business. I see that you can integrate Stripe and when requesting payments for invoices a link can be provided via email for the customer to pay via credit card online. However, I am a bit confused when it comes to the PoS checkout. Is there a way to get a stripe “popup” so the employee can swipe/enter the card number and check out via PoS?

So in short, in the PoS select all your items, click pay, stripe screen/popup shows up, enter card details and process then print the receipt.

Thank you

If this isn’t an option, can someone tell me how the stripe integration works when checking out through the PoS?

Thank you.

@starke this feature is not available out of the box. You might want to post a job to get someone do this for you https://erpnext.org/erpnext-jobs

@rmehta thank you for the confirmation that the feature is not available.

If anyone else that reads thread and would be interested in this feature let me know. After I become more familiar with software both frontend and backend, I may give this a go.

2 Likes

Interested.

Having stripe integrated in POS can expose the business to unnecessary risk. Stripe is purely for MOTO transactions, while you may want to integrate stripe with POS the risk of charge backs is passed from the bank on to the business because you’d have change a card present transaction to MOTO unnecessarily.
For the POS the best option is to integrate EFTPOS terminal or just manually type the amount onto the EFTPOS terminal and eliminate charge back risk.

EDIT: I should also add PCI requirements to be considered as well as the speed of transaction if your typing card details manually rather than a swipe on EFTPOS.

Im not sure why this would be a risk. Perhaps I don’t understand what you are stating.

“MOTO, or Mail Order/Telephone Order, is a type of card-not-present transaction in which services are paid for and delivered via telephone, mail, fax, or internet communication.”

I’m not looking to store any information, only passing the information to strip over an SSL connection. Does this involve the risk you are referring to?

1 Like

Hi @iadre3805,
Could you pls. specify or name a few risks?
Just saying it is risky is creating FUD (Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt) in the minds of people.

When you integrate stripe on your POS, the transaction automatically becomes MOTO instead of card present. I’m assuming at your store customers come in and pay for their purchase.
When you change a card present transaction to MOTO, charge backs become your problem. If you transact in card present then charge backs are banks problem.

With regards to passing the information over SSL, you’d still become liable to be PCI DSS compliant because you’re entering the CC number into your system before transferring it. For which depending on your merchant level and banks requirement. You’ll have to complete PCI self-assessment questionnaire.

1 Like

@Deepak_Pai I’m pretty sure I mentioned MOTO RISK, PCI RISK.

I think I understand what you are saying, but Im still a little confused. How would this differ from say like square on an iPad, or having an online store where people enter their credit card information and submit it and the transaction goes through to the merchant. Are the risk still involved with using those types of systems?

I’m not in anyway disagreeing with you. Im trying to understand how it works and how you would go about using an API on say Stripe’s service.

Never mind, I re-read your reply above. I must have misread it/misunderstood it the first time.