Pointing multiple URLs to same site in a multitenant ERPNext setup

Yeah, here are the URLs in the server_name block of frappe-bench.conf which is my sites configuration file generated by nginx.

I have two sites running, and those are fine. erp.datawise and vendani.datawise. The new domain I want to add to erp.datawise.

Hey @bkm I really appreciate your feedback, but I followed the steps, still did not work.

The domains are from different providers, because I was thinking it is an issue with one provider. But still Certbot fails for both the sub domains

Are you able to access the ERPNext login screen from a browser by typing in the new url’s in the browser address bar?

This must work before you will be able to setup security certificates.

If you are able to access it from the browser using the new URL’s then there is likely a problem with the process you are using for Let’s Encrypt.

BKM

One thing I did try was to see if the DNS pointers for the root URL ‘calabash.app’ was valid and it is not. This may cause problems with the sertificate process as well.

Try using whatsmydns.net to check your own URL’s for validity.

BKM

Before looking at the solution, Can you share why would you use Multiple Domains to the same site ?
What objective are you trying to achieve here?

Hey @fkardame The use case is one domain for the main site and then another domain route the POS to it or create a webpage that routes to the second domain for an e-commerce landing page, that way I can keep the e-commerce webpage in a different domain from the main ERP site.