I’ve created Plotly Dash integration apps for Frappe and ERPNext.
I’ve been using ERPNext for almost 2 years now, it’s a great ERP apps though it’s lack of dashboard feature.
Plotly Dash is a great dashboard tools which allow programmer to easily create interactive dashboard but it lack of general web feature such as authentication or user-permission.
Integrating Frappe web framework with Plotly Dash is result in great ERP app with powerful dashboard tools.
Dashboard template using CoreUI admin template
Authentication from Frappe web framework
Dashboard permission using user roles from Frappe
Embedded Dash Dashboard into Frappe page
Access Frappe data from dash environment
Pros and Cons
- Plotly Dash comes with a big Graphing Library
- Plotly Dash is a really great dashboard tools
- You can manipulate data using python then using that data in dashboard
- It work well with multi tenant setup
- There are no web UI to create dashboard, dashboard need to written in python
Any feedback or suggestions are welcome.
I’ve also created Metabase integration for Frappe and ERPNext.
Metabase is easy to use and easy to setup dashboard tools which comes with web-ui which make it easy create dashboard.