Please dont remove Timesheet

Hi ERPNEXT ,

Well i found this message in timesheet as given below:-

Timesheets will soon be removed. Please create a new Time Log. To create
a new Time Log, to to Projects > Time Log > New Time Log. This
will be removed in a few days.

Can i know, how can i measure the employees performance or the details he has worked on for a particular day, which was being captured in timesheet form.

Timelog is a form used to capture the time taken for a particular task , and we may be able to club together the same.

But i do think, entering details in a grid is far more better than creating each timelog for each process.

Forget the billing, i just dont want billing to be given now, i want to capture the employees work details internally.

I really don’t understand, why you are removing this feature, as it may help some one and may not help others.

Please don’t remove this feature, as we have already started the work to implement it.If you do,then i will be really disappointed

Thanks
Sharhan

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext User's Forum" group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Hi Sharhan

Did you take a look at the calendar view for data entry of time log? It should make data entry mug easier. 

Sent from my phone

On 02-Apr-2013, at 5:24 PM, Sharhan Kassim <Sh...@sapcle.com> wrote:

Hi ERPNEXT ,

Timesheets will soon be removed. Please create a new Time Log. To create a new Time Log, to to Projects > Time Log > New Time Log. This will be removed in a few days.

Can i know, how can i measure the employees performance or the details he has worked on for a particular day, which was being captured in timesheet form.

Timelog is a form used to capture the time taken for a particular task , and we may be able to club together the same.

But i do think, entering details in a grid is far more better than creating each timelog for each process.

Forget the billing, i just dont want billing to be given now, i want to capture the employees work details internally.

I really don't understand, why you are removing this feature, as it may help some one and may not help others.

Please don't remove this feature, as we have already started the work to implement it.If you do,then i will be really disappointed

Thanks
Sharhan

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext User's Forum" group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.

Anand,

I want all the employees to sent their work status daily to their head as now it is present in timesheet.I don’t want anyone to scatter and find out all process and stuffs.

You are just pointing to a feature in time log. That is capturing of time and date.

I don’t want employee to continue create time log as it waste time of their own.

Could you please keep the timesheet in your advanced version also.

I dont want billing with timesheet  currently.If i do want billing i am ready to use timelog.

Kindly take this request with high importance.

Thanks
Sharhan

On Tuesday, April 2, 2013 5:24:47 PM UTC+5:30, Sharhan Kassim wrote:

Hi ERPNEXT ,

I really don’t understand, why you are removing this feature, as it may help some one and may not help others.

Please don’t remove this feature, as we have already started the work to implement it.If you do,then i will be really disappointed

Thanks
Sharhan

Hi Sharhan,

Is data entry the only barrier to your adapting the time log feature? Maybe we can do something about that.

Time log is essentially a row of time sheet. Time sheet didn't have the structure needed to make it friendly for billing. Hence we decided to make time log. It has the same features as time sheet except the data entry. 

It doesn't make sense for us to maintain two things doing the same thing. The way forward should be to improve time log. 

Please let me know your views on this. 

Sent from my phone

On 02-Apr-2013, at 5:43 PM, Sharhan Kassim <Sh...@sapcle.com> wrote:

Anand,

I want all the employees to sent their work status daily to their head as now it is present in timesheet.I don't want anyone to scatter and find out all process and stuffs.

You are just pointing to a feature in time log. That is capturing of time and date.

I don't want employee to continue create time log as it waste time of their own.

Could you please keep the timesheet in your advanced version also.

I dont want billing with timesheet  currently.If i do want billing i am ready to use timelog.

Kindly take this request with high importance.

Thanks
Sharhan

Hi ERPNEXT ,

Timesheets will soon be removed. Please create a new Time Log. To create a new Time Log, to to Projects > Time Log > New Time Log. This will be removed in a few days.

I really don't understand, why you are removing this feature, as it may help some one and may not help others.

Please don't remove this feature, as we have already started the work to implement it.If you do,then i will be really disappointed

Thanks
Sharhan

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

Anand,

I understand time log as the time taken for each tasks.activity.
Suppose say Operation manager has around 10 tasks per day , they cant go on and update 10 things at a time for every day .

Save and submit all the 10 entries.

I do feel their time and energy is going waste by doing this.

I want to club everything for a day or for a week and measure the employees performance based on it, rather than going for each task and measuring the performance

Sharhan

Hi ERPNEXT ,

Thanks
Sharhan

Sharhan,

The data to be entered is same in both Time Log and Timesheet - the only difference is that there is no grid.

Have you tried using the copy feature? It might be easy to enter Time Logs.

I have seen many other systems. They all have a similar system - Please try using this for some time and see for your self.

best,
Rushabh

W: https://erpnext.com
T: @rushabh_mehta

On 02-Apr-2013, at 6:00 PM, Sharhan Kassim <Sh...@sapcle.com> wrote:

Anand,

I understand time log as the time taken for each tasks.activity.
Suppose say Operation manager has around 10 tasks per day , they cant go on and update 10 things at a time for every day .

Save and submit all the 10 entries.

I do feel their time and energy is going waste by doing this.

I want to club everything for a day or for a week and measure the employees performance based on it, rather than going for each task and measuring the performance

Sharhan

Hi ERPNEXT ,

Thanks
Sharhan

Rushabh,

Well why are we going for a look around, when the requirement is already present in the system.

Well to some point i agree with your suggestions , it helps the billing in financial section.

But what we are looking for a thing is for a reporting manager to see all the work done by the employee for a day.

I dont want the manager to filter and search and find each individual time log for process done by each individual.

That could be a tiresome activity.

Data entry can be easy with copy function but how can reporting manager see it.

Your suggesting just work around the problem when actually the solution is already present.

It might be a redundant for for you, but for us it makes our operations easier.

Hope you could understand our view.

Thanks
Sharhan

Sharhan,

From what I understand is you are looking for a report that summarizes each persons time logs based on a date range?

We can make that report.

best,
Rushabh

On 03-Apr-2013, at 10:46 AM, Sharhan Kassim <Sh...@sapcle.com> wrote:

Rushabh,

Well why are we going for a look around, when the requirement is already present in the system.

Well to some point i agree with your suggestions , it helps the billing in financial section.

But what we are looking for a thing is for a reporting manager to see all the work done by the employee for a day.

I dont want the manager to filter and search and find each individual time log for process done by each individual.

That could be a tiresome activity.

Data entry can be easy with copy function but how can reporting manager see it.

Your suggesting just work around the problem when actually the solution is already present.

It might be a redundant for for you, but for us it makes our operations easier.

Hope you could understand our view.

Thanks
Sharhan

Rushabh,

I know we can make the report by setting filter of name and date.

But i cant tell my seniors to use this as this take a bit of manual work and their time and energy.

Well if a reporting manager has around 15 employees under him. to do this process daily it will take some time and i am not in a position to force them them to do this daily.

Thanks
Sharhan

Sharhan,

Using a scripted report, you can have all 15 employees in the same page, nicely formatted so that you can see all their Time Logs in one go. That seems a lot less manual work than having to open 15 separate Timesheets. Some thing like this:

Employee 1:
10am-12pm - TaskA
2pm-4pm - Task B
4pm-5pm - Task C

Employee 2:
10am-12pm - TaskA
2pm-4pm - Task B
4pm-5pm - Task C

Employee 3:
10am-12pm - TaskA
2pm-4pm - Task B
4pm-5pm - Task C

And so on.

best,
Rushabh

On 03-Apr-2013, at 11:00 AM, Sharhan Kassim <Sh...@sapcle.com> wrote:

Rushabh,

I know we can make the report by setting filter of name and date.

But i cant tell my seniors to use this as this take a bit of manual work and their time and energy.

Well if a reporting manager has around 15 employees under him. to do this process daily it will take some time and i am not in a position to force them them to do this daily.

Thanks
Sharhan

Rusabh,

Could you make this scripted report.?

Thanks
Sharhan

Hi ERPNEXT ,

Thanks
Sharhan

Hi Sharhan,

We have made a report named "Daily Time Log Summary" under Project module.

Please check that if it meets your requirement.

Regards,
Nabin Hait

On 03-Apr-2013, at 11:15 AM, Sharhan Kassim wrote:

Rusabh,

Thanks
Sharhan

Hi ERPNEXT ,

Thanks
Sharhan

Hi Umair /Rushabh,

I think that I have got the hang of what Sharhan is trying to say here. Please note that the reporting does not seem to be an issue here, the problem with the new time log which I have just seen as against the old Timesheet is the DATA ENTRY.

If I want to draw an analogy, I would say that the deprecated TIME SHEET is like a Sales Order with Item table but the new time log is like a Sales Order without the Item Table whereas we would need to make 100 time logs for a 100 activities for a user.

Actually why this interests me, though I might be hijacking this post and I am extremely sorry for that, is because something like the timesheet could be used to have a great CRM as well.

I hope you people are seeing it from the end-user's perspective as well and not just the developer's since I see that Sharhan has a point that data entry with the new time log would take much more time and I think we should have a table like approach to it as well.

Tables are easier to understand and faster for data entry, that is why people still love excel for databasing though that is not the right way.

On Wednesday, April 3, 2013 4:15:06 PM UTC+5:30, Nabin Hait wrote:
Hi Sharhan,

Regards,
Nabin Hait

Rusabh,

Thanks
Sharhan

Hi ERPNEXT ,

Thanks
Sharhan

Aditya,

In a Sales Order, the Items have little meaning on their own - logically the Sales Order is a collection of the Items and for a Customer at a given time so they exist in a group.

A Time Log on the other hand is one individual user's activtiy and is could be related to a Task or could be stand alone (like a meeting or customer call). If you group them in a day, then the problem comes of how to separate billable and un-billable items (since the time buckets themselves have no meaning).

I think Sharhan's problem was more reporting which we have fixed. I have not received a reply from him yet, so can't say for sure whether it works.

best,
Rushabh

On 03-Apr-2013, at 8:27 PM, Addy <ad...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Umair /Rushabh,

I think that I have got the hang of what Sharhan is trying to say here. Please note that the reporting does not seem to be an issue here, the problem with the new time log which I have just seen as against the old Timesheet is the DATA ENTRY.

If I want to draw an analogy, I would say that the deprecated TIME SHEET is like a Sales Order with Item table but the new time log is like a Sales Order without the Item Table whereas we would need to make 100 time logs for a 100 activities for a user.

Actually why this interests me, though I might be hijacking this post and I am extremely sorry for that, is because something like the timesheet could be used to have a great CRM as well.

I hope you people are seeing it from the end-user's perspective as well and not just the developer's since I see that Sharhan has a point that data entry with the new time log would take much more time and I think we should have a table like approach to it as well.

Tables are easier to understand and faster for data entry, that is why people still love excel for databasing though that is not the right way.

On Wednesday, April 3, 2013 4:15:06 PM UTC+5:30, Nabin Hait wrote:
Hi Sharhan,

Regards,
Nabin Hait

Rusabh,

Thanks
Sharhan

Hi ERPNEXT ,

Thanks
Sharhan

Rusabh,

As for the “Daily Time Log Summary” , i am having an error which i have reported to the support team.

So as far as now i am not able to judge the report.

Is the Daily Time Log Summary a generic report?Because i am not able to get report from time log screen.

As far as the entry is concerned your suggesting its not possible to bill particular items from a grid.?Is it so, or the time capturing entries wont work as its supposed to be given in forms?

Thanks
Sharhan

Are you still facing issue in that report? I had made the changes, now it will consider "Match" condition if any.

-
Nabin Hait

On 04-Apr-2013, at 10:48 AM, Sharhan Kassim wrote:

Rusabh,

As for the "Daily Time Log Summary" , i am having an error which i have reported to the support team.

So as far as now i am not able to judge the report.

Is the Daily Time Log Summary a generic report?Because i am not able to get report from time log screen.

As far as the entry is concerned your suggesting its not possible to bill particular items from a grid.?Is it so, or the time capturing entries wont work as its supposed to be given in forms?

Thanks
Sharhan

ERPNext,

Can i make suggestion here, i really feel timesheet was much better as it involves grid while entering data.Employees find entering time log as time consuming, as they have issues while remembering what they entered for the task for a day.

We are not able to enter all activities in the time log, as some employees are doing a lot range of activities and its really hard to remember what they have entered,They have to look and enter.

Can we enter this in grid, especially for this thing.

And by the way the Daily Time Log Summary Report is really good, could we add time sheet for entry with this report

Thanks
Sharhan.

Hello Sharhan,

Thanks for the suggestion.

I believe having a grid structure like Time Sheet won't address the issue of employee not being able to recall Activity and time detail. If that is an issue, infact Time Log is better option than Time Sheet. Employee can make Time Log quickly as soon as they complete any Task. I hope you know about feature of selecting Start and End Time quickly in Time Log from Calender.

Time Log also allow you with more functionality like billing from Time Log. The same is not possible with Time Sheet.

- Umair

On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 12:54 PM, Sharhan Kassim <Sh...@sapcle.com> wrote:
ERPNext,

Can i make suggestion here, i really feel timesheet was much better as it involves grid while entering data.Employees find entering time log as time consuming, as they have issues while remembering what they entered for the task for a day.

We are not able to enter all activities in the time log, as some employees are doing a lot range of activities and its really hard to remember what they have entered,They have to look and enter.

And by the way the Daily Time Log Summary Report is really good, could we add time sheet for entry with this report

Thanks
Sharhan.

--
Thanks and Regards,
Umair Sayyed
www.erpnext.com

Hi Umair,

Well Umair, its really unfair for employe to update as and when they finish task.90% of employees do it in their day end.While entering during the end of day for all the activities you have performed , i feel grid has much more feel to it.Then entering 15 times logs for a day and while entering 15 you might be forgetting the first 3 activities.

What you are saying is selecting To time and From Time which has a calendar along with time,

Could you guys bring back time sheet and let the users select what they want.

You have already implemented time sheet long before, then came time logs and it was almost same with each form entry and billable feature

If users doesn't want billable feature, let them select time sheet.

You are forcing us into a corner and saying use this, this is the new feature.

Even all the technologies including Gmail let us use the older version of mail along with the new mail.

Dont you also feel the same.?

Thanks
Sharhan

On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 1:10 PM, Umair Sayyed <um…@iwebnotes.com> wrote:

Hello Sharhan,

I believe having a grid structure like Time Sheet won't address the issue of employee not being able to recall Activity and time detail. If that is an issue, infact Time Log is better option than Time Sheet. Employee can make Time Log quickly as soon as they complete any Task. I hope you know about feature of selecting Start and End Time quickly in Time Log from Calender.

Time Log also allow you with more functionality like billing from Time Log. The same is not possible with Time Sheet.

- Umair

On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 12:54 PM, Sharhan Kassim <Sh…@sapcle.com> wrote:

ERPNext,

Thanks
Sharhan.

--
Thanks and Regards,

Umair Sayyed
www.erpnext.com

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "ERPNext User's Forum" group.

To unsubscribe from this topic, visit https://groups.google.com/d/topic/erpnext-user-forum/-06Q1HVqX1k/unsubscribe?hl=en.

To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

Dear Shahran,

Please understand our view, we always try to deliver what majority of our users want. And we try make the design in such a way, that it fulfill the needs of all.

In this case, the problem was billing based on old timesheet. Because timesheet was designed for tracking activity for a single day. But billing needs selective activity (time logs) from multiple days, which was not possible using time sheet.

Regarding usability, we have provided calendar view of time logs, to cover up grid structure entry system of timesheet. If users forgot which they have entered earlier, they can easily check calendar view.

Maintaining multiple versions are against our work culture, it adds extra complexity and needs more resources to manage the product. We already have comprehensive to-do list and shortage of resources, we really can't maintain different versions of same feature.

P.S. We will surely rethink about the design, if most of ERPNext users think in the same way.

Regards,
Nabin Hait

On 14-May-2013, at 1:22 PM, Sharhan Kassim ( SAPCLE) wrote:

Hi Umair,

Well Umair, its really unfair for employe to update as and when they finish task.90% of employees do it in their day end.While entering during the end of day for all the activities you have performed , i feel grid has much more feel to it.Then entering 15 times logs for a day and while entering 15 you might be forgetting the first 3 activities.

What you are saying is selecting To time and From Time which has a calendar along with time,

Could you guys bring back time sheet and let the users select what they want.

You have already implemented time sheet long before, then came time logs and it was almost same with each form entry and billable feature

If users doesn't want billable feature, let them select time sheet.

You are forcing us into a corner and saying use this, this is the new feature.

Even all the technologies including Gmail let us use the older version of mail along with the new mail.

Dont you also feel the same.?

Thanks
Sharhan

On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 1:10 PM, Umair Sayyed <um...@iwebnotes.com> wrote:
Hello Sharhan,

- Umair

On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 12:54 PM, Sharhan Kassim <Sh…@sapcle.com> wrote:

ERPNext,

Thanks
Sharhan.

--
Thanks and Regards,

Umair Sayyed
www.erpnext.com

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this topic, visit https://groups.google.com/d/topic/erpnext-user-forum/-06Q1HVqX1k/unsubscribe?hl=en.

To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.