Payroll: Accrued Benefits

I’m trying to figure out if I can accomplish this in ERPNext without doing any customizations.

In Canada employer is required to keep 4% of every employees gross pay off to the side. This 4% is accumulated every pay period throughout the year. The employee can request the balance whenever they want if it is for time off or they just want it paid to them. Ether way at the end of the year this balance must be paid to the employee.

I was thinking to use Employee Benefit Application and a Flexible benefit component but this requires a MAX benefit amount. In my case there can be no MAX it must be accumulated every pay period.

Any thoughts?

If your employees are ok with it, you could add the 4% inside each pay. But I have the same question and I still don’t have any solution apart from including it in the pay. If you find anything don’t hesitate to tell me!

1 Like

Here is my current Salary structure :

SL = Salary
BO = Bonus

I found a sotution! If you are interested we could do a Video Conference and I could show you. You can MP me if you are interested

I think it can be done using Gratuity in V13 . I’m still looking into it. If I can remove the validation that requires the employee to be retired it should work for my case.

Frederic, what came of this, did you find a solution to Vacation Accruals?
We are just getting started with ERPNext, and setting up Payroll is a top priority, we want to make sure it can work with Canadian Payroll logic.
Any help on this vacation accruals would be appreciated.

Regards,

Here is my setup :

Hope it is clear, if you have any question don’t hesitate.

1 Like

Thank you, this is much appreciated. I’ll review and try to duplicate in our test environment.

1 Like

hey! that’s great!

I am new to erpnext and I also live in Quebec, therefore we have some provincial and federal rules.

can i just copy exactly what u did? and it should be fine?

do you have any update version for 2022? and every year, what “fields” do you check to update the payrolls?

Do you know if erpnext can generate t4 and r1?

Here are the updated versions for 2022 (Biweekly salaries) :

Québec-Canada Taxes Salary Component formula (Provincial Formula) 2022 - ERPNext / HRMS - ERPNext Forum

Québec-Canada Taxes Salary Component formula (Federal Formula) 2022 - ERPNext / HRMS - ERPNext Forum

wow that’s great! i wonder how you did it.

What do I do with these formulas? Where do I copy paste? Does that mean I no longer manually need to adjust anything?

Thanks!

You need to Copy paste in your Salary Component in the formula tab.

My formula is using my other Salary Components :

SL = Base Salary
BON = Bonus
VR : 4% Vacancie Expense

so i create 3 salary components and copy paste the formula in the space u provided in a fresh install of erpnext and it should be all set?

do you have the updated version for the 2023 increase in AssuranceEmploi and others?

1 Like

hey @FredericVerville !

I hope you’re doing good!

do you know if the link/google sheets salary is uptodate as of today (2023-06-29)?

Thank you!

I just updated the sheet for the 2023-07-01 change. I think it is only the provincial taxes that changed (Impôt provincial). Correct me if I am wrong.

You are welcome :slight_smile:

hey @FredericVerville

1. How do you calculare the Congé fériés ? I took a look at the excel sheet and I can’t find a section for it.
  2. Is the salary SL based on the Total salary, or it is per employee, and is it annual per every 2 weeks?
  3. Whenever there is a change in one of the parameters, do we create a new ID such as CNESST 2023, CNESST 2024 etc…? Or we just delete the old formula and replace with a new one (doing this, will it affected the previous calculation?)
  4. For the RRQ, “0 if (((SL+SLA+SLP+SLV+SLQ+SLS+BON+VR)*26) <= 3500) else” , does it mean the salary in the year is below 3500, then value is 0?

Thanks!