Paypal Payment Entry

I not able to save the following payment entry against Invoice.

As you can see that I have mentioned the difference amount in deduction or loss field, but still it is not letting me save the entry. It says the difference amount must be zero.

Is this a bug ?

Please suggest , I am using erpnext version v7.2.18

Regards,

Deepak Singh

Hello,

Considering Payment Amount and amount allocated against Sales Invoice, there should not be any Difference. Please remove PayPal Handling Charges from Deductions table, and then try to submit Payment Entry.

To book expense for the PayPal Handling Charges, you should create Journal Entry.

You should allocate (16090.6 + 707.99) = 16798.58 against invoice. Paypal handling charges should be 707.99 and write off amount should be -0.01 in deduction table.

Hi @nabinhait,

sorry for the delay in response, [quote=“nabinhait, post:3, topic:20086, full:true”]
You should allocate (16090.6 + 707.99) = 16798.58 against invoice. Paypal handling charges should be 707.99 and write off amount should be -0.01 in deduction table
[/quote]

Let me break this in to part

In the invoice 16090.6 is my actual charges which I will receive from paypal.

Paypal Handling charges are 707.99 which I will not receive.

So the Total invoice is 16798.59

I cannot make the payment entry of 16798.59 without showing the 707.99 in deduction or loss table, assuming this payment entry will add into my bank balance with 16090.6 and deduct 707.99 from the paypal handling charges account which is credited earlier when I created the invoice.

If I am doing it by your way then I have to pass the journal entry every time to deduct the amount which is not received as @haitham suggested.

So the question is if I am allocating the received amount against the invoice in payment entry and showing the difference amount in deduction or loss against paypal handling charges then it should work. If it is not working then what is the use of deduction and loss table ?

Please explain me if I am on wrong track.

Regards,

I think we should add a check box just under allocate payment amout that says, allocate complete amount so we dont have to click and edit it manually every time

and then we can select the cacount and cost center where the fees are considered.