Payment Reconciliation leaves company currency balance

We have been using the Payment Reconciliation tool to match credit notes against Purchase Invoices but I have noticed that for multi currency transactions, if the company currency of the credit and invoice do not match it leaves a balance on the ledger for the supplier or customer in the company currency:

I’m not sure if this is a bug or intended behaviour, if it is intended what is the best way to clear the ledger? I can’t post a company currency journal to a multi currency account, and the account currency balance is correct.

Any update on this? We have completed 1 month of Accounts processing and have a significant number of invoices affected by this. As it stands we have balances on our Accounts Payable accounts that do not relate to any suppliers which is not acceptable from an Accounting standpoint.

Hi DBoobis

If you can find no sign it has already been reported, report your concern here Issues · frappe/erpnext · GitHub

For good measure also be sure to include a link to your discussion here, and add a link here to your issue posted there.