Try ERPNext Buy Support Partners Foundation

Paid Amount not updated in Sales Invoice

If I make a part payment to a sales invoice, the journal entries are created appropriately, But the ‘Paid Amount’ field is not updated. The outstanding amount is calculated correctly, but the ‘Paid Amount’ always shows zero. Any ideas?

This is the bottom portion of Sales Invoice standard print - I have made a payment entry for Rs. 30000, and it reflects in the Outstanding amount calculation. But the field ‘Paid Amount’ shows zero.

Hi kirthi

-If you Select option "Is POS"then only “Paid Amount” field get displayed.
-If you make simple sales invoice without selecting option as “Is POS” then "Paid Amount"field not showing.
-If you want to hide “Paid Amount” from Print Format then follow steps-

Steps:-
Go to ‘Customize form’
Enter Form type “Sales Invoice”.
open Row-of ‘Paid Amount’
select option as “Print Hide”
and Update
Then it will not displayed on “Print format”

1 Like

I dont understand the reasoning behind this…why would it be enabled only for POS transactions?
@nabinhait @rmehta any ideas?

It is by design, paid amount field is only related to POS. If you are accepting advance payment against invoice, it is updated in Total Advance field. Otherwise, for all the late payments, system only updates outstanding, not paid amount.

3 Likes

Has anything been changed done and if a fix has been applied. advance payment is not showing or subtracted from total amount due.

1 Like

Same issue here. Any resolution?

I too would like to have the paid amount get updated when payments are posted to the invoice, other than at the time of invoice creation. I posted a reply on github: https://github.com/frappe/erpnext/issues/9190

1 Like

Hi, got across this discussion. May I know if how did you solve this? How will the payment amount field be updated once a payment entry is linked to the invoice and not selecting the checkbox “Is POS”?

I am experiencing this problem now. When I did a report builder and saw that the payment amount is not updated eventhough the status of invoice is already paid.