Pagination in Child Table

Is it possible to have pagination in child table. For can I have pagination in journal_entry_account child document of journal_entry document?

Not out of the box, We considered it but then drag and drop for re-order would not work.

Maybe in a later release.

Ok thank you for that information.
I would like to know if it is possible to have a custom button similar to delete where you can select multiple records and do a custom action on selected records.
This is because I wanted to achieve an instance where I have screen where I can do search on an existing doctype and execute a custom action. Is this possible?

Is there any way to do Pagination for the Child Table? I have rows that keeps growing like 1000+. Appreciate your response. Thanks!

Hi @rmehta @Rajkumar_Thasma
I think a scrolling child table could serve as a make shift solution to this problem pending a proper pagination feature

frappe/public/css/form_grid.css

.grid-body {
  background-color: #fff;
  max-height: 400px;
  overflow: auto;
}

Hi there,

i’m facing the same problem …with about 2000 rows in child table the browser crash when loading the page.

@bomsy did you try on 1000+ child table rows?

Any other hint?

1 Like

Opened an issue:

https://github.com/frappe/erpnext/issues/12267

@rmehta
Not every business scenario requires a drag and drop. And it is not correct to limit the system in such ways. This drag and drop should be configurable(property of the fieldtype table). SO if the customer chooses to opt for drag and drop he will not get pagination and visa versa.