Over time with two different hour rate using time sheet ERPNext

Is there is a way to have to different over time with two different hour rate using time sheet ?
one over time will be for normal days and the second over time will be for Friday.

Currently, in timesheets, you can put only one hourly rate.

Hi,

In timesheets, you can only put one rate. But, a work around if your OT calculation is not too complicated, one rate that is fixed except Friday, you can put it in salary structure and the other Friday rates, you can show additional salary

See if this works.

Regards,
Reema

I follow this process, Thanks.

Hi Reema,

I think I have same problem, I have normal rate and overtime rate (1.2x normal rate)

Could you please elaborate this solution?

Thanks & Regards,
Randy

@higuain.20
Hi,

If you have a fixed normal rate; let’s say 100 then add that in the salary structure and the OT rate (1.2x) you can calculate separately and add it via additional salary. This is a workaround to the solution.

Regards,
Reema

Hi Reema,

Thanks for your respond, currently i use 2 Timesheet (normal & OT), then i use 2 salary to each timesheet (for OT, i change the hour rate manually to adjust the rate).

With your solution, how to calculate separately and where to add it ? I am still confuse about the solution.

Thanks & regards,
Randy

Hi,

What I meant to say is you can use timesheet based structure for your fixed rate as shown in the screenshot below:

The timesheets that will br created against this will be multiplied with the hour rate mentioned above.

For the other use case (1.2x one) where you manually adjust the rate as mentioned in your comment; you can directly calculate the amount (hrs x rate) and use additional salary feature to add that amount in payroll. In this way you will have 2 salary components in your salary slip.

Regards,
Reema

Hi Reema,

I take a look at Additional Salary feature, the amount we input is the hours x rate, right? That’s mean i calculate manually the OT rate?

Is there any way i can add another input in timesheet Table? I mean i want to add the OT multiplier (1.2) so the system can calculate automatically the OT total hour for my admin. This way the hour rate would be same for normal and OT.

Thanks & Regards,
Randy

Hi,

Yes, you will have to manually calculate it for additional salary. The one that you have mentioned in the salary structure will be calculated automatically.

Nope, there is no option of putting a multiplier in the timesheets. You will have to manually calculate (no. of hours x 1.2) and add that amount as additional salary. In this way you can have both the amounts.

Regards,
Reema

Hi Reema,

Thanks for your respond, i applied the suggestion to my current system.

Anyway, i have another question, my admin is input the timesheet daily (1 day = 1 row in TS tabel), and each day my admin link it to the certain Projects. I thought i can calculate money spend on each project by Salary Slip, but after explore the ERP, i don’t think i can do that.

In that case, should i fill in the Costing Rate for daily timesheet? if i fill in the costing rate, i can know how much spend on each Project from Project Report → Total Costing Amount (billing rate stay 0 cause i didn’t bill the cost to client).

Let’s say i should fill the costing rate, isn’t it will be double expense since i already spend money for my employee through Salary Slip?

Or should i just put Blank for Default Cost Center for each Project created?

Appreciate any input & help.

Thanks & regards,
Randy